PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 20th NO PANIC DAY!!!?????

barrywin
14-12-09, 06:20
Dear ALL,

In these politically correct times we have national No Smoking days, AIDS days, Mothers day,Fathers Day and a whole host of other worthwhile days.

Wouldn't it be wonderful and give us all something at NMP to really look forward to if we could plan and celebrate just for one measly day, our very own NO PANIC NO ANXIETY NO STRESS DAY.

How could we do/achieve this;

1, Stay in bed an extra 10 -15 -30 minutes and focus on words like calm,relax, limp,peaceful imagining our bodies being treated to a wonderful massage by hundreds of magical healing hands easing away all the pent up tension from our tired aching muscles.

2, Spending extra time in the bath or shower luxuriating in the warm water and the soapy suds again easing and massaging those tired muscles especially at the back of your neck and shoulders. Take extra time and make this time special.

3, No looking up Dr Google or Home Doctor searching for some new illness you hope to diagnose yourself with.

4, As anxiety sufferers, we are often very sensitive people who find it hard to say NO and we often give too much of ourselves than we can physically or emotionally handle. For this one special day, can we learn to receive instead of being the "givers" all the time.

5, Put all our anxieties, obsessions and worries on HOLD for this one special day. Let any NEGATIVE thoughts simply drift in through one ear and out the other. Today is a STRESS FREE day with not a single worry, we can go back to worrying tomorrow.

6, Let's just try and drift lazily through the day letting others look after us for one day.

7, Maybe meet in the chat room and make new friends and tell everyone how calm and relaxed you are feeling and how much you are enjoying putting all your worries on the back burner for this one day.

8, Remember -- Any negative thoughts/feelings are just going to drift through you or pass by you on this day! In one ear and out the other or in through the top of the head and out through the feet.

9 I'd love to hear from all of you with YOUR ideas on how we can help each other enjoy this day more and maybe you'd like to Private Message all your friends for their ideas/input?

10 Just the thought of a lazy STRESS FREE DAY replaces the churning stomach with a lovely warm glow and the tight facial muscles with a gentle relaxed smile. Doesn't that FEEL AWESOME!!!

All thoughts/feedback is very welcome!
Best wishes to all,:hugs:
Barry

BabyRachel
14-12-09, 07:56
Sounds like a fantastic idea Barry!!! I will be joining you in the No Panic Day. Everyone should come to the chat room on the 20th and we will talk about everything BUT anxiety. xx

BabyRachel
14-12-09, 08:25
Maybe we should try and organise game tournaments, or something in the chat room.... just try and gather everybody. This is such a good idea Barry, I'm sure heaps of people will get behind it.

barrywin
14-12-09, 08:43
Many thanks for your reply and support for my post Rachel.
Also - Please put any ideas you have on the thread as to how to make the day an even more relaxing day than normal.
Also pass the message on to all your friends about a day we can look forward to as opposed to another day of dreading!!

Best wishes,
Barry:hugs:

Veronica H
14-12-09, 08:59
:bighug1:It's penciled in on my calendar now which is a start:winks:.

Veronica

Maj
14-12-09, 09:21
Barry that sounds a wonderful idea. I'm going to make a determined effort to make the 20th a relaxed, calm NO PANIC DAY!! I think we all deserve it. Thank you for suggesting this as it will make everyone think.:hugs:
Myra x

barrywin
14-12-09, 10:08
God Bless You and have a wonderful serene tranquil calm healing day!

margaret jones
14-12-09, 10:16
Barry I want to join it will be lovely hope to chat in chatroom that day , You are a star for thinking of it Reminder going in my phone now .

Take Care Margaret :)

sb001f8994
14-12-09, 11:03
Brilliant idea! I have decided already to nothing all day but watch TV and stuff myself silly and most of all relax and NO PANIC!!!
Carol x

munkeyinblack
14-12-09, 12:44
What an awesome idea, well done you !! I shall be there with bells on and you may even get a wee dance on my crutches in honour of the day :) wel done Barry xxx
Munkey

barrywin
14-12-09, 13:09
don't forget to spread the word!! Thanks in advance and LOOK FORWARD to it!

Lilow12
14-12-09, 21:17
fab idea xxxxx

barrywin
15-12-09, 03:42
Dear All,

How can we reach more members/guests and administrators. Any ideas?
Best wishes,
Barry

smiley
15-12-09, 04:00
Aww Barry Fantastic Idea hun , im away that weekend for my Birthday but ill be on chat when i get home ,hope everyone has a fab PANIC FREE day ill be thinkin of you all xxxxx

Ronny
15-12-09, 07:54
HI Barry I will be joining you on the 20th I find it a wonderful idea WE should all contact our local member of Parliment and make it official.NO MORE PANIC DAY sounds good to me Ronny:D

BabyRachel
15-12-09, 09:32
Maybe whoever is in chat should let people know about this.

Its such a good idea!!

Im glad people are jumping on board Barry, I knew they would :):)

Ddcoo
15-12-09, 16:23
It will be good fun trying and i have marked it in my diary. Look forward to the day eagerly, would like to have it 365 days a year lol.

nomorepanic
15-12-09, 19:17
Sounds like a fantastic idea Barry!!! I will be joining you in the No Panic Day. Everyone should come to the chat room on the 20th and we will talk about everything BUT anxiety. xx

I don't mind people going in chat etc but please respect anyone coming in that does need help and not dismiss them saying they can't talk about their problems etc.

Thanks a lot.

barrywin
16-12-09, 03:12
Dear Nicola,

Of course! I agree with you 100%. Hopefully the chat room will be upbeat that day and lift everyone's spirits!

Best wishes,
Barry

Typer
17-12-09, 13:35
Great idea.

One relaxing day coming up for the 20th