PDA

View Full Version : binge eating

claire4321
14-12-09, 11:16
i have recently gone back on prozac after 3 years of being on no medication. i used to take prozac off and on for 14 years. i was origionally put on 60mg per day for binge eating whilst also seeing an eating disorder counciler. i am on week 7 of 60mg now and find that i'm WANTING to binge ( and doing it) where as when i was on no medication i did'nt binge at all. i went back on prozac for deppresion not my eating disorder. how can this happen? i thought they were supposed to make you stop, not start. any answers please:huh:

looking4answers
16-12-09, 02:29
Nope wrong.. Prozac doesn't help you quit eating lol.. My wife would love this..she has been on prozac for over 20 years.. She had to fight eating..She loves to eat.. loves to binge and loves to just enjoy foods.. She is five foot and weighs at the moment 114 pounds.. but she has weighed as much as 160 and no I hate to tell you prozac doesn't stop the eating you have to do this..Its maybe to control your moods or your depression or aggression but not your eating..Good luck to you .. Michael

kirstielu
16-02-10, 20:32
after you have binge ate do you feel really anxious and ill ,this has happend to me tonight and the way i feel at the moment i never want to eat again !

onceagain
16-02-10, 20:38
Erm ...thought the invite might stand...

whether it be the medication, the mood we are in, whether it is comfort or just because our girlie moment is on the way... we all do it at some level...please don't be over anxious... you will be fine tonight just relax... you may feel bloated but come on ... that was some feast and one I could do with right now ...hugs

kirstielu
16-02-10, 20:44
hi sharon i dont feel bloated and trust me ,if you felt like me at this mo , you wouldnt wish you had joined in , just hope i remember this feeling when i wake up tomorrow . thanks for your hugs and support though x

onceagain
17-02-10, 23:56
Oh I'm sorry kirstie I just wanted you to know in a light hearted way that what you are doing is not abnormal be it the meds or other reasons in a way it is comfort but self hurting..

I feel sick most days be it stress, anxiety, or pigging out on all the wrong things cos it feels it is the only control I have sometimes, only to regret it.. I love chocolate and can go through bars and bars when on a low as well as my usual meals and picking... our stomachs can't cope trying to break it all down after such a whopping feast and so we then feel awful whilst it works doubly hard for us...

Hope you feel a little better today hun..hugs and apologies x