PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attacks

HKJ99
14-12-09, 11:27
Hello All,

Im 27 years old and i've been sufferring from panic attacks for about 4 months now... I've been on Cipralex for 3 months out of them, generally speaking the physical symptoms had been much less and i dont have to rush to the emergency room like when it first happened. When the panic attacks started i rushed into the emergency room three times in 10 days and visited all speciality M.D. and did a whole check up. Now i have the wierdest feelings ever that i never experienced in my life a combination of depression and fear that i'm gonna die any moment.

Any advise?

nomorepanic
14-12-09, 11:29
Hi HKJ99

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

ronski
14-12-09, 18:33
Those feelings are just high anxiety and are responsible for those panic attacks. There may be a good reason for your anxiety but sometimes there is no recognisable trigger. My thoughts are by reading your post is that maybe you are frightened of having a heart attack and dying from that, many people have this fear after there first panic attack and if doctors are not supportive and ease your mind, then just that fear can cause more panic attacks and escillating anxiety levels. The main thing is not to fear those attacks as all they are are your body releasing adrenaline because your mind is trying to protect you from harm. Your body is always true to you where your mind is easily mistaken. The reason being is that your brain has no concept of time so if a thought past, present or future kicks in that intrinsic protection then your body responds instantly.

All the best and welcome to this site
Ron