PDA

View Full Version : Need help

lex08
14-12-09, 12:23
Hi, i am a 28 year old woman and have suffered anxiety on and off all my life. I am currently experiencing intense anxiety but the thing that is bothering me the most is a constant thought (and i mean all the time except when i sleep) about my existance and why i am here. I constantly question everything and why i am doing it. Are we really here, why do we have feelings etc. This really frightens me and makes me feel totally alone in the world and i feel like no-one can help me with this thought. It is the strangest feeling. I feel like am going to go mad. I just want to feel normal!!! Anyone else ever felt like this.Knowing other people feel the same is sooooo reassuring. I am not on any meds as i have always been able to cope but feel like i need to start taking something. Started taking St johns wort yesterday so hopin that will help. I feel like i will never be free of this thought, even when the anxiety goes. Please help.xxx

diane07
14-12-09, 12:25
Hi lex08

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Maj
14-12-09, 12:48
Hello,

Pleased don't be so scared of your thoughts - out thoughts are always intensified when we are anxious!! Also, anxious thoughts tend to stick in a groove!! We take life so seriously and question everything. You are not alone or going mad!! Lots of us have felt this way. You'll get lots of support and advice from people here who have felt or are feeling like you do. You are obviously very anxious at the moment but you will calm down again. Try to relax and take some deep breaths. I hope the St. John's Wort works for you. If you continue to feel like this then you can always speak to your doctor. You are only human and we all feel like this sometimes. Your thoughts will calm down when you are relax
Take care
Myra x:hugs: