PDA

View Full Version : Fear of rats!

chels90
14-12-09, 13:01
I have a constant fear of rats it doesnt go, where ever i walk i look on the floor before i step just incase i see one. I cant look at pictures or say the name out loud its horrible! i used to live with mice as the place i lived was infested so maybe thats where my fear comes from, i would go see someone but they will try make me touch one or even look at one n i cant do it! help please

Chelsea

bottleblond
14-12-09, 13:37
Hi Chelsea

Hun they wouldn't even dream of doing anything like that for a long long time if at all.

If this phobia is effecting your daily life and your quality of life then it would be a good idea to ask your GP to refer you to someone who can help.

Take care
Lisa
x

looking4answers
16-12-09, 03:10
Ugh I hate them too..We don't have any here in our home..thank goodness because we keep poison out for them everywhere..We also have to put it out in the garage and around the house away from the dog..But I hate the little buggers.. I see them at night running across the roads here and sometimes their little shinny eyes on my night vision security camera.. We live in a place where they have what they call the kangeroo rat or something like that.. They look like a big mouse but have a spade shape on the end of their tale..

When we first moved here they had so many of them out in the pasture they would come up to you at night like they were waiting to be fed..That is before we had our dogs and our dogs were the best mousers there are..Anyway we haven't really had a problem with them but every once in awhile I get a fear of going out in the garage and moving things around and breathing dust..

They say there is a mouse here that when it occupies a place for very long and leaves droppings it can give you some kind of disease that destroys your lungs just from breathing their droppings in the dust. .talk about freak out. I am still waiting to get this disease for the last four years and everytime I get a cough I worry .. So you aren't alone.. Good luck to you . Michael