PDA

View Full Version : Shooting pains in the head

chels90
14-12-09, 13:06
Hey all, recently started gettin shooting pains in the top on my head. lasted about 10-15mins last night alot longer than usual. bit worried can anyone tell me wat it might b?

Chelsea

looking4answers
16-12-09, 02:33
Stress , tmj, sinus,tension ,stress, nerves, sleeping on your hair pulling your scalp at night.. Im pretty sure its nothing bad..but if it keeps up.. see a doc and get checked out for your peace of mind. I get these for weeks on end..for litterally no reason,,but sooner or later they go away and sometimes out of nowhere they hit..I think its sinus, stress ,muscle tension or could be many benign reasons but mostly I can't tell you enough if you worry ...go and get it checked out if nothing else just for your peace of mind..Michael

Ddcoo
16-12-09, 09:41
I get shooting head pains if my head gets cold in the winter, so I make sure I put a hat on otherwise I really suffer with these pains, so do you think you may have got your head really cold?

tasia
16-12-09, 11:17
Hey there,
I also get random shooting pains in my head especially on the left side...but I think its either a cold or sinus...sometimes they last for days but usually always go away...its very cold out now so try to keep yourself warm. take care and try not to worry.

mandie
16-12-09, 13:11
Hi

I get these pains usually on one side of my head.

I had them on and off for years.

try not to worry

love mandie x

nanny
16-12-09, 13:16
Like mandie, i get these pains on and off and have done for a while. Dr told me they were tension pains, when they come it feels as though a knife is being thrust into my skull. nothing gets rid of it i just have to ride it through.
Not a lot of help i know, but just wanted you to know that there are lots of us with it so try not to over worry or it'll become worse.

paradox
16-12-09, 23:33
It's more common than you would think. Main cause is tension in the neck and back. If you're still really worried I'm sure your GP could reassure you.
Take care.