PDA

View Full Version : anxiety before my flu jab

april tones
20-11-05, 16:22
hi im due my annual flu jab on wed. i have had 3 before, there isnt any side effects, i didnt get any but im still really nervous and cant stop thinking about it! any one else like that? xxxx

apriltones

trac67
20-11-05, 16:26
Hi April,

I just had a flu jab, the first one I have had, and it was fine, don't worry about it, you will be fine too.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nell1965
20-11-05, 16:57
Hi
dont worry about your flu jab as you already know its not live virus that you are injected with and therefor you cannot get flu through injection..... just speak nice to your nurse to make sure she is kind to you with her technique :) and get injection in your less dominant arm

I just want my life back
nell
x

Quirky
20-11-05, 17:04
I had my first ever one two weeks ago and was terrified. It went ok though. I do now have a heavy cold which feels like flu though but I doubt it's related to the jab. The jab can't give you flu but it's possible to get mild side effects for a couple of days, but this is unusual. I was worried how it would effect my ME really.

Good luck,

LJ

april tones
20-11-05, 17:09
hi! yes i remember! i have fibromylagia! similar to m.e! as i said i have had before, not worried of having flu after just feeling panciky after etc! xxxxxx

apriltones

Quirky
20-11-05, 17:14
I understand. I had a huge panic attack after having mine, the nurse who gave it to me even got a doctor to see me as she thought I may have had a reaction! lol Mind you I did tell the nurse I was allergic to eggs and that worried her about doing it.
You'll be fine if you've been fine before.

LJ

dream
20-11-05, 18:15
hi april tones
i had mine a few weeks ago and i was a little worryed
but just think you wont be getting the flu this year and wont be stuck in bed with flu around xmas ,you will be fine , let us know how you get on take care denisexx

denise