PDA

View Full Version : Hi - my brief story

panicmerchant
14-12-09, 15:58
Hi folks, not really sure where to start, I suppose this an admission that Im a panicker, should really admit it after such a long time.

When I have a panic attack, I blush seriously and its causing me real problems, mainly at work. Outwith work, I dont really experience any problems. It started when I was about 13, Im now 36 any anytime authorative figures approach me, I go to pieces. Eventually got a promotion at work, another 10 grand a year but had to give it up as the fear of blushing overtook my life. Back in a more junior role now but its like that experience has scarred me and im now miles more nervous than I ever was.

Really keen to address this minus any drug intervention, thats my last resort. Excercising in the morning really helps but I find it really only staves it off from happening till early afternoon and unfortunately im back in a panic zone by later in the afternoon. I only get 30 mins for lunch at work, otherwise Id go for a run at lunch and I reckon, the combined effect of the excercise would let me see it off for the whole day.

People who know me I dont think would even contemplate that I am a panicker as on the outside, Im probably mr confident.

Anyway Im babbling on, anyone with work related anxiety who could pass on their tips on how to deal with it would be really helpful.

Ill get a chat in the forums once Ive served my time!

thanks

Panic Merchant (cant beleive I call myself that!)

nomorepanic
14-12-09, 16:01
Hi panicmerchant

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Veronica H
14-12-09, 18:35
:welcome:to NMP. Glad that you have found us.

Veronica

Macchiavelli
14-12-09, 21:10
welcome panic merchant:D

belle
15-12-09, 09:14
Hi and welcome :)