PDA

View Full Version : Really scared of breast cancer now!!

Jo3016
14-12-09, 18:15
I have had 2 years of awful hormonal problems since having my son. A month ago, my doctor put me on the pill (microgynon) to help regulate things. It was awful; I had mood swings, just cried all the time, leg pains and actually bled for over 2 weeks. I went back to my doctor and she swapped my pill to Yasmin as I was at the end of my tether. I had a break for 4 days and then started the new one. I have been on it for 10 days. After 2 days, the bleeding finally stopped.

However, now I am getting breast pain and tenderness. It felt so uncomfortable last night on my left breast that I felt it and found a lump at the bottom on the side. It felt really sore. It sort of feels like a ridge with a lump in the middle. I have never noticed this before. Today, I have noticed another smaller lump along the same line which I am sure wasn't there yesterday!!

I know that the liklihood is that it is related to the pill as my hormones are just haywire at the moment and I have not noticed these lumps before. I have pain in both breasts but the lumps ion just one.

However, I feel like I am just lurching from one thing to another at the moment. This year, I have thought I have had a brain tumor, ovarian cancer, bowel cancer, uterine cancer and now breast cancer. I just can't do this anymore. I feel like my body is constantly at me. I was feeling so much better over the weekend and beginning to really look forward to Christmas and now this!!

I have spoken to my Mum and several friends who have all said that it is far too much of a co-incidence to have had just started on the pill and have this. What do you think? I am really scared again!!

Jo3016
14-12-09, 18:29
Please someone!! Any advice??

SleeplessFog
14-12-09, 19:02
I used to be on Yasmin...and yes, the sore breast pain is terrible. As far as the lumps, if you are concerned, contact your doctor so they can have a look.

I switched from Yasmin to Loestrin 2 years ago. I could not take the mood swings or pain (both chest and down there). It also gave me crazy migraines.