PDA

View Full Version : Tightness in chest, feeling dizzy...

Ella_Jayne
14-12-09, 21:22
Hi everyone,

I've suffered with health anxiety and panic attacks for the past 4 months. It started with severe anxiety over my heart, but just recently I had the all clear concerning my heart and I am absolutely delighted as I was sure I had some kind of heart disease. :)

Anyways, since then I've been having a heavy feeling in my chest/stomach/throat. It feels tight and sometimes I get dizzy and feel as though I can't breathe properly. It doesn't hurt to take deep breaths but if I exercise It seems to make it worse. :weep:

I'm concerned now as to whether it would be a clot in my lung causing this or just sheer anxiety. I have said it to my doctor who doesn't seem concerned because as he said, I'm 21, don't smoke or drink and don't have deep vein thrombosis. But I can't stop worrying about it. I've heard stories about people having them despite these causes. :scared15:

It makes me feel faint at times and I just feel really disappointed in myself that my anxiety has continued, even following the news that my heart is healthy. It seems to be one thing after another. Sorry about the long post. Has anyone ever experienced the same symptoms before? And is it likely that I could have a blood clot in my lungs?

Thanks!

NeverRelaxed
14-12-09, 21:29
yes, going through it now as a matter of fact! Ive developed the same sort of cardiac neurosis you described...Im going for an ECG tomorrow and Ive had two docs listen to my heart and say it sounds fine..But still im convinced of heart disease/experiencing symptoms...The chest tightness and difficulty breathing is a rly alarming symptom...Do you feel this when you are relaxed/at rest? When Im relatively calm I feel/notice the symptoms less...Which sort of forces me to chalk it up to anxiety...

Hope you feel better soon...Seeing as how young you are and the fact you dont smoke/drink etc..I highly doubt its a clot on the lung..Thats not at all a risk at the age you are rly...

Ella_Jayne
14-12-09, 21:45
yes, going through it now as a matter of fact! Ive developed the same sort of cardiac neurosis you described...Im going for an ECG tomorrow and Ive had two docs listen to my heart and say it sounds fine..But still im convinced of heart disease/experiencing symptoms...The chest tightness and difficulty breathing is a rly alarming symptom...Do you feel this when you are relaxed/at rest? When Im relatively calm I feel/notice the symptoms less...Which sort of forces me to chalk it up to anxiety...

Hope you feel better soon...Seeing as how young you are and the fact you dont smoke/drink etc..I highly doubt its a clot on the lung..Thats not at all a risk at the age you are rly...

Thanks for your reply.:)
When I'm relaxed it seems to ease but sometimes the tightness doesn't go fully away. It feels like a slight pressure on my chest/throat/lungs. I'm baffled as to what it could be.

Good luck with your ECG tomorrow. It's such a simple procedure that will give you a lot of reassurance when it comes back normal. :)