PDA

View Full Version : Fluoxetine symptoms of itching

Laura292
15-12-09, 09:34
Iv been on fluexotine for about 3/4 months now. Ivhad alergic reactions to soap powder before but as soon as I changed it, I would be back to normal. The itching stopped. I started to ith after 2 months of taking fluoxetine and mntioned it to my doctor who said that she has never come across people itching with fluoxetine. So the next weekend, I washed everything in sight with baby soap powder that's good for the skin and I'm still ithing. When I went back to the doctor it wernt as bad so we just asumed it was the soap but now I'm still almost ripping my arms and legs off.
I can't seem to find anyone with the same symptoms as me. Let me know I'd you have ha it or know of people having it.
Laura

looking4answers
16-12-09, 03:10
Well Im not a doctor but have had some reactions to meds.. that the doc would say"hmmm never heard of that" but I had them right on.. Ask your doc if just to be sure could you not take the med for a couple of days and see if that is is.I know im allergic to all kinds of stuff and certain soap powers will in fact do that.. Maybe its a fabric softner or maybe dryer sheets or something along that way. Good luck to you in finding the source..Just hang on and you will come across whatever it is.. Michael

Laura292
16-12-09, 14:17
That's the thing, it will be in my system for a few days so it will be like a week without them which I'm scared to do incase I start to freak. Don't know if I could cope if I was to get like I was before. And your right, he said he never heard that before but I saw it on the net! Thy really p me off!
Laura

annabanana
12-01-10, 14:31
According to the little leaflet inside my Fluoextine, itching can be a side effect. I'm quite an itchy person normally so am not sure whether my itching is because of this or the meds...have only been on it for about a week!

:bighug1: