PDA

View Full Version : help with anxiety .. the natural way

mummygarcia
15-12-09, 10:31
im reluctant to take the citalopram hydrobomide my gp has prescribed for my depression and anxiety as we want to try for a baby in the new year
im 40 yrs young and time is fast running out, just wondered what natural remedies or self help books you have found helpful?
if i had time on my side, i would wait until my health issues were resolved .. but after much consideration, i have decided that the thought of putting off ttc whilst i take the anti deps etc .. will actually cause me more stress and worry, id be wondering if i was wasting precious time etc
im awaiting cognitive therapy and i know this will be most helpful as i am pretty sure my health anxiety fears and negative thoughts about leaving my daughter an orphan were triggered by losing a baby last year, i do need to talk things through with a professional

looking4answers
16-12-09, 02:07
Professionals are good .. I can say that but the natural thing .. im not sure.. But im sure things will work out for you ..I don't have any experience in the natural cures or remedies but you have to wonder what they used back in the old days when people were having issues.. Must have been something of that nature.. Good luck to you in your quest and take care.Michael

sharona
16-12-09, 07:27
Hi

I tried medication for my anxiety and it did help short term but due to the side effects I cam eoff them. There is a lot of information on here re natural stuff but personally I would recomend Lemon balm capsules by H & B, they have helped me some days.

I would also recomend vitamin b complex and a good muli vitamin. They have helped me but I was told by my councellor that in order to get better I have to help myself with relaxation e.t.c.......easier said than done...I know.

I hope you feel better soon, I will warn you though it will not improve overnight thought. Its a long journey that takes some getting used to.

Take care

Sharona

xxx

poppy1
16-12-09, 09:30
Bach's rescue Remedy from Boots really takes the edge of it for me.

Mander
16-12-09, 16:18
I've had surprisingly good results with extra niacin in the last couple of months. I'm still having issues but I've had fewer big panic episodes. Also lots of other stuff like lemon balm & skullcap tea and a skullcap tincture from Neal's Yard Remedies, st john's wort, and Quiet Life tablets. I'm not sure if all of those things would be safe to take if you are TTC, though.

johnno
16-12-09, 17:09
www.dhamma.org (http://www.dhamma.org)