PDA

View Full Version : any advice

happy happy ron
15-12-09, 11:43
hi all, ive been on 20mg of citalapram for 4 weeks, i was prescribed them because the dizziness i had been suffering with suddenly got worse and made me start having panic attacks, the first 2 weeks the side effects were hell and since starting the pills the dizziness has been getting worse and worse plus other head issues which after reading this website i know deffinately are side effects, so just to see if the pills are causing the dizziness my gp has said to cut the dose to 10mg, so all last week i cut to 15mg and then monday took my first 10mg pill, but by monday afternoon the dizziness got worse again, so my question is has anyone had a similar experience of side effects getting worse as quickly as that and if so how long will it be before i adjust. i just dont know what to do, whether to go back to 20mg or try 10mg for a while, the dizziness is driving me mad.:shrug::shrug:

suzy-sue
15-12-09, 13:08
You need to stick with a dose for a while Ron .You maybe would have been better cutting down to 15mg for 3 weeks and if you didnt feel any improvement then cut down to 10mg .You are now getting withdrawals off the meds because you cut down by half your dose .Personally I would stick with 15mg and then cut down again if it doesnt feel any better .Alternatively you could stick with the 10mg and just ride it out ,it will be quicker in the long run to do this but depends how bad you are ..take care Sue