PDA

View Full Version : Where do I belong?

HelenS70
15-12-09, 18:23
Hello I am new to this forum. Somebody told me I could find help and comfort here. I have been diagnosed with bi-polar and borderline personality disorder. I get severe panic attacks and today must have been the worst one to date. I convinced myself that I could eat in a restaurant with other people around me, at first it went okay then I finished my meal, looked up and around... I nearly fainted it was so busy, my head was busy with voices and all these other noises I panicked big time! Luckily I had another appointment with my psychiatrist today and he has prescribed some different medication for me, I will get it tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Sorry for the length of message, I am a bit jittery at the moment :blush:

Hello to ~Bomberbeamish if you are out there :bighug1:

diane07
15-12-09, 18:24
Hi HelenS70

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Jimpy
15-12-09, 18:53
Hi welcome, I joined this forum recently and found it a great comfort and place to learn about all sorts of anxiety related issues. Can really relate to your experiences so far, panic attacks anywhere are terrifying but in public I find them worse, I am sure you will find some help and support though this site,

Jim

HelenS70
15-12-09, 18:53
Hi Tetley (nice name :)) I look forward to the chatroom bit, my son is going on a school trip on Thurs and I will be on my own for the first time, I am very scared if I don't have any other contact. I don't want to burden anybody and I am private where I live, nobody knows anything about me. I am glad I was told about this forum.
Thank you for the welcome :)

HelenS70
15-12-09, 18:57
Thank you Jim, I am amazed to find so many other people that suffer from these attacks. I feel safe so far but I don't know if I fit in with my other mental health issues, I can't seem to find a specific board for it. :shrug:

bomberbeamish
15-12-09, 19:32
hey hey hey ,, glad you found us ,, xxxxx, i suffer from bipoler too,, didnt tell u that b4 cause the list went on , xxxx

Jimpy
15-12-09, 19:50
Good luck on Thursday I am sure it will be fine, it is tough when something comes up that scares us but at least you can post on here anytime. I have had a quick look around, like I said I am also new here and not sure where is
the best place for your posts but I am sure there
will be somewhere, not sure where to post myself sometimes!

Jim

HelenS70
15-12-09, 19:55
Being alone is what frightens me the most. I am glad I have found people to talk to without judging me (perhaps its my paranoia that thinks people are judging me) sorry I tend to babble, it's nerves :blush:

HelenS70
15-12-09, 19:56
oooh you are a wild one bomber :D fancy keeping that from me, mind you I guessed it cos of your meds :hugs: Great forum :D