PDA

View Full Version : A poem about panic

Hears The Water
29-01-04, 16:54
Hey folks. I thought I would share a poem with everyone here. I have not shared it with anyone else as they would not understand. I know that all of you will though, so that is why I thought I would put it here. I was not sure of which "room" to put it in, so if you want to move it Nicolea, I totally understand. Here goes.....

Fear tears through my being
stealing away moments of my life
beats of my heart
fractions of my soul.
Irrational yet oh-so-real feelings.
My eyes widen,
my heart pounds,
my senses heighten.
Prickly pin points of heat flood my face
the bottom drops out of my stomach.
I want to run,
to scream,
to smash something
but I can't.
How would that look?
I want to climb up in my mommy's lap
and be comforted.
But she isn't there..... never was.
So I push it down and try to go on,
telling my self that I am o.k.
Stuffing and pushing,
standing on it
until my mind feels like it will explode
from the fuzzy nebulous pressure.

Then I cry and everything get better....
for a while.

10/14/2003

God bless you and yours
Debs

benoo5
29-01-04, 17:51
thank you for sharing..very moving..bryan.

nomorepanic
29-01-04, 21:17
Thanks Debs

It is fine under Panic. Very nice too.

Nicola

diana
29-01-04, 21:17
WOW DEBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing that. I totally related to this poem. Is this something you wrote yourself? It is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you mind if I print this out to keep on my fridge? I Love this poem, it says everything does`nt it? Very moving like Bryan said I am pouring loads of tears out here. I will not print it out if you wish me not to.

Thanks again dear,

LOVE

Diana xxxx

mico
29-01-04, 21:44
Hi Debs

Thanks for sharing the poem. Poems can say quite a lot in a short space of time can't they, sometimes they can have more power than that of normal ways of communicating too.

I especially liked the ending, top marks:D

mico

Hears The Water
29-01-04, 21:54
Diana, I feel so honored that you would want to print out my poem. Yes I did write it, and yes you can print it. I have found that if I can draw or write something I will get distracted and feel better. Glad you liked it.
God bless you and yours
Debs

diana
30-01-04, 03:22
Thanks Debs,

I will display it for all to see, and give those who pass through my kitchen a look into what it is we sufferers go through. Good for you that writing or drawing something takes your mind off of the feelings you get with anxiety/panic. Creating things like this poem, is a more powerful thing than the feelings of the anxiety/panic. Thanks again for the okay to print it. Take care dear, May God bless you and yours too :)!!!!

Love,

Diana xxxxx