PDA

View Full Version : menstrual cycle ((ladies only))

heatherbynature
16-12-09, 00:41
Hi,

Does anyone else take a step backwards about a week before and after there period? My depression, ocd and anxiety gets alot worse at this time? :blush: Is that normal for anxiety sufferers? It's really awful :weep:

:bighug1:

maddie
16-12-09, 00:46
I definitely have a hormonal connection with my depression and the time of month. This has been mentioned before in other threads too. You're not alone! :hugs:

heatherbynature
16-12-09, 00:53
Phew!

Thank you Maddie, I was quite worried, I'm glad i'm not the only one. Sometimes being a girl is bloomin hard!! I feel a bit better and relieved now, Thanks :hugs: xxxx.

miss_moo
16-12-09, 00:58
My Periods have become very light up until this month, when i have been very anxious,a lot more than usual, which i didn't think could happen! almost constantly through the past month, up and down moods Jjust feeling really miserable, no hope etc, etc. This months period was very heavy and whilst being uncomfortable for a few days, i feel much better already. It's almost certainly connected.
As Maddie said you are not alone!!!

heatherbynature
16-12-09, 01:12
My Periods have become very light up until this month, when i have been very anxious,a lot more than usual, which i didn't think could happen! almost constantly through the past month, up and down moods Jjust feeling really miserable, no hope etc, etc. This months period was very heavy and whilst being uncomfortable for a few days, i feel much better already. It's almost certainly connected.
As Maddie said you are not alone!!!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been feeling bad, That's horrid. I'm glad you are feeling better now though!! :)

I get very heavy painful periods, But usually I just get a little anxious before them, But recentley ive been feeling very low, and miserable, Like you said. Thanks for posting, Its not nice that we have to go through this, But it is deffinetely nice to know that we arent alone, It gives me some comfort. :bighug1:xxxxx.

manx_kitty
16-12-09, 18:52
My depression and anxiety was through the roof last week, i really could not cope and i had exams all last week which made things worse but this week i am feeling a lot better and can think a lot more clearer.

petmad
16-12-09, 19:04
I get terrible tearful times and anxiety about a week before my period starts, used to get it before, during and after but the citalopram has eased that, I tend to have one easy month and one horrible month!

starlight78
16-12-09, 20:07
Hi Heather, I definately have an increase in symptoms a week beofre my period... I keep a diary now so that I know what to expect and it doesn't scare me or trick me into thinking i'm having a proper relapse.. xx

chickpea
16-12-09, 22:00
I'm having a blip this week,and I'm sure it's partly to do with me ovulating.
I also get more anxious in the couple of days before my period.
I was on the pill, but it didn't suit me so I guess I just have to put up with the mood swings.:blush:

Lilow12
16-12-09, 22:14
same here girls.... anxiety go's trough the roof when i'm due the terrible monthly's......on top of everything else us woman have to put up with its just not fair :ohmy::lac::mad:

heatherbynature
17-12-09, 22:44
Thanks girls for replying, I feel more reassured that im not having a bad relapse.
I just wish my period would hurry up and come already and be over with! *shakes fist* I know Lilow, Its so unfair.

:hugs: I hope you feel better soon chickpea xxx.

BabyRachel
18-12-09, 05:20
During my period I am a wreck. Anxious, very depressed, OCD....

Your not alone at all!!

Us girls have it tough.... :( xxx

nervousnikki
18-12-09, 08:04
i love this site, eveyone is like me! i either get anx a week b4 or the day after i finish. I hate it but now i have kept a record i know what it is and focus on the fact it will soon go away, even if just for a few weeks.

I used to be terrified that i was going backwards, which made it worse.

Heres an interesting fact for you, i can even time my monthly cycle by my bowels! Always different at the same point in my cycle. How odd lol
x nikki