PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram?

NeverRelaxed
16-12-09, 14:57
Saw my doctor today...She agreed tht my anxiety has got a little out of control and cos I also have issues with depression, she prescribed me Citalopram...Anyone here used it? any joy out of it? wht side effects did you experience? my doc said tht its nice and light...im on 20mg dose, daily.

pink17
16-12-09, 16:45
Hiya i have been on citalopram just over two weeks now,for the first few days i didnt have much of a appetite felt a bit sick,trouble getting to sleep at night,but apart from that its been ok.People have actually noticed a difference in me which is gud.

Cell block H fan
16-12-09, 17:57
Yes I was given the same dosage years ago. After I had taken the second pill I woke in the night with awful side affects. Feeling like I was going to pass out, a hot feeling running through all my limbs, racing heart. Basically felt like I was going to die. I am a single parent, so I was petrified my kids would find me dead in the morning. I never took another one again. My brother has been on them years now though & had no problem. Its rare to get side affects, & usually if people do, they are bearable apparently. I just think I cant take things like that. Much the same as I cant take any hormone contraceptives x

Sweetpea6
16-12-09, 18:06
Hi, I've been on Citalopram for two weeks now, at a 10mg dosage (probs cause I'm quite young). I haven't experienced any adverse side effects (although I read lots of horror stories about them!) and do not feel much different...yet. I'm hoping it'll kick in soon. I do possibly feel more relaxed, but it may be my imagination. Hope it works for you.

NeverRelaxed
16-12-09, 19:54
im gonna start them tomorrow...If i experience any side effects ill prolly shit in my pants though!!!! (WHO KNOWS? THAT MIGHT LITERALLY OCCUR, AS A SIDE EFFECT)

I was on some pretty strong migraine medication one time and had no side effects from that...They are not one and the same i know but they both mess with yer 5HT.

Anxious_gal
16-12-09, 20:16
It can cause quite bad anxiety and panic attacks, It did in my after the 2nd tablet.

NeverRelaxed
16-12-09, 22:02
It seems tht a lot of ppl have experienced at leat one of the sidies....Ill have to brace myself for them. Im just worried they might make my palps worse...Ive been to the hospital over them and they couldnt find anything wrong with my heart...so I guess they are from anxiety.

LeighD
17-12-09, 01:32
I have been on 20mg of Citalopram for more than 3 years now, and it TOTALLY helped my anxiety. I have since gone through a lot, including a separation, and would not have coped without it.

It helped particularly in terms of panic attacks. I never get them anymore.

I got some side effects when I took them in the morning, and since switched to evening. Other than quite vivid dreams I have not experienced any other side effects.

The benefits far outweighed the initial settling in period.

Good luck!!