PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Pennie
20-11-05, 20:51
Hi
It's great to have found this site and read experiences which are similar to mine. I've only realised what is wrong with me in the past couple of weeks. Although I was reluctant at first I started taking SSRI's a couple of weeks ago and now can see things more clearly. I realise now that I have had anxiety and panic problems for several years and they seem to evolve, I used to be afraid of getting food poisoning, then it was the tube, then getting cancer, then going out at night, then travel of any kind. Now I can't travel anywhere by public transport and if I do go out soon want to return home. I only got married 4 weeks ago and feel guilty that my husband has had such a rubbish start to married life. I'm hoping to return to work in a couple of weeks but 3 days a week rather than full time, and should be getting some CBT too. Although I'm relieved that I'm finally starting to be able to make sense of myself, I also feel in shock at where I've ended up.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Pennie:)

Pennie

trac67
20-11-05, 20:54
Hi Pennie,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of great advice here and make some good friends.

Congratulations on your marriage.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Meg
20-11-05, 21:05
Welcome Pennie

*I have had anxiety and panic problems for several years and they seem to evolve*

As we avoid something , the fear then turns to something else.

Glad you're getting some CBT soon.

Make the most of your time off and start doing some self help reading and self therapy.

It is a shock of how quickly this can creep up if left unchallenged.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/symptoms.htm
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/healthanxiety.htm

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

clickaway
20-11-05, 21:10
Hi Pennie and welcome aboard!

I'm glad you already have some CBT lined up. You seem very positive and your life together will only improve, I'm sure.

Take Care,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

nomorepanic
20-11-05, 22:43
Hi Pennie

A warm welcome aboard and hope we can be of some help

Nicola

pinkscrumpy
20-11-05, 23:13
Hi Pennie

welcome aboard

:D

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

aussiegirl
20-11-05, 23:27
hi pennie :D
you'll find loads of valuable advice here [^]
everyone is so helpful

PTSD sufferer 2 yrs
married mummy to 3 kids

dream
21-11-05, 07:11
hi pennie
welcome to this site

denisexx

denise

mazz
21-11-05, 07:47
Hi pennie and welcome ..mazzx

everybody has to hurt sometime........

bluesparkle
21-11-05, 09:00
hi pennie
welcome to this forum... its a great place to be and everyone is really friendly...
you will get loads of help and support here...
things will improve
rach

kazo
21-11-05, 10:02
hi pennie

welcome to the site

kazo xxx

chucklehound
21-11-05, 10:42
Hi Pennie and welcome to NMP where you will get lots of support and make some great friends too!:D

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

Pennie
21-11-05, 11:19
Hi,

Great to get the replies. :)Was wondering if anyone could recommend any good self help books. Tried 'Feel the fear and dance with life' but found it all too idealistic. Anything good on grief and bereavement would be welcome too.

Thanks
Pennie x

Pennie

Meg
21-11-05, 12:27
Anything by Claire Weekes

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Karen
21-11-05, 18:39
Hi Pennie

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

alexis
21-11-05, 18:46
Hi Pennie, welcome to the forum,

love from Alexisxx

If I help one person today it was worth getting up.

3faces
21-11-05, 21:03
Welcome Pennie:D

Be kind to yourself and you sound as if you're doing all the right things to try and recover. It takes time, I know!

Congratulations on your marriage and I'm sure your husband loves you no matter what. That's what being wed is all about, sharing the bad as well as the good times. My hubby has been through so many stressful times with me over the years and he loves me more now than ever!! Very soppy, I know.

Take care

Jem xxx

wobily_lin
21-11-05, 23:47
hi pennie,

welcome to this site.

ptsd sufferer.xxx

lin x

Pennie
22-11-05, 23:46
Hi,

Been out for a meal with my husband this evening, only to a place around the corner and didn't order anything adventurous, but it feels like a small step in the right direction. Spent the evening talking about every day stuff rather than how c**p I feel and how I can sort it out which was great. Can't remember the last time I had a relaxed evening out. Got a bit apprehensive when I was waiting for the food but just got him to tell me about his day instead, which soon took my mind off it. Just ordered some Claire Weekes books too!

Take care x x x :D

Pennie