PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here!

Shanny
16-12-09, 15:28
Hi everyone....I just wanted to introduce myself :) I have been dealing with Anxiety for years, I was originally diagnosed with OCD when I was about 16 years old. I remember being really young and thinking I was crazy, which is pretty scary considering I probably didn’t even know what crazy meant, eventually my OCD turned into Anxiety and I have been dealing with that every since. I lost my dad to Pancreatic Cancer two years ago and every since I have been a ball of nerves and completely paranoid of every little ache and pain that I have. It’s hard losing a father at such a young age and it makes me concerned for my own health…..and I wonder EVERY day whether or not I have Cancer or will get Cancer. I would love to stop thinking so negatively and move forward with my life healthy and happy….and quit worry that I will get the big “C”. Anyone have any advice?

diane07
16-12-09, 15:32
Hi Shanny

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

gypsywomen
16-12-09, 15:33
you are still going through the morning process, its very hard to accept when we loose someone close, you will never forget your dad but the pain will ease, i am sure your dad looking down on you ,and wouldn't want you worrying you have cancer ,,be strong http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp328/Veedance/Motivational%20quotes/inspiration_quotes_graphics_a5.gif

Shanny
16-12-09, 15:51
Thank you, it means alot to hear that what I am going through is most likely coming from the grieving process. I just tend to worry that I will get cancer because my dad had it, basically running in my lineage :weep: Super scary feeling.....

gypsywomen
16-12-09, 15:58
shanny it dosent mean because your father had it you will get it ,,but i know it cant help you worrying but you have to ,,try to take your mind off it love xx