PDA

View Full Version : New to this forum - Anxiety Problem

singleton27
17-12-09, 00:20
Hello all

Nice to meet you all, ive read through some of the forums on the anxiety section and feel a little calmer now.

I have been getting terrible anxiety and it only seems to be getting worse.
Im going through stages firstly i thought i was going to die of a brain haemorrage, got panic attacks, palpitations, then i was scared of death totally afraid and even got myself in such a state, i cant accept death that were going to die, im scared to drive my car and when i do especially at night i get slightly panicky thinking im going to be in a car crash, very bizarre...maybe because its so common.
Then i cant imagine anyone else in my family going etc.

Now im having intrusive thoughts and bad anxiety, even sleep with the light on im so afraid.

What should i do is there any cure?? this keeps coming and going, i had 2 bad traumas 1st being 2 years ago my grandmother who was like a mum passed away and the 2nd being a year and a half ago were i went into a public toilet and a lady had collapsed i tried to help her but she had died, found out she had a brain haemorrage and was a single parent to a 5yrs old, i should of seeked counselling but didnt..

What should i do??? thanks and nice to meet you all, i feel so alone my background is i work part time doing the job i love, during the day im usually ok but i start feeling awful from 6pm. Im a single parent to a gorgeous 4yrs old.

Thanks any advice would be appreciated just frightened now. arline

diane07
17-12-09, 00:23
Hi singleton27

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.