PDA

View Full Version : Chest pains, unbearable

moe
17-12-09, 03:11
I can't sleep or concentrate on anything, the chest pains seem to just come from the left side of my limb/chest. Sometimes its unbearable and feels like your stomach is in your chest. Is there anyways to reduce the pain. I can easily relax myself sometimes but the pains trigger my worrying and anxiety.

:weep:

gman
19-12-09, 10:57
Hi Moe,

The worst part of HA for me is the chest pains.

I was diagnosed with costchondritis 3 months ago which is an inflamation of the cartiledge where the ribs join the sternum. Where mine is on the right hand side, it caused me severe pain in my back behind my right shoulder.

The back pain isn't so bad now but I keep getting a deep pain in the top right of my chest like somebody stuck their finger in there.

The part that comforts me is the pain isn't always there, maybe half a dozen stabs a day and it doesn't last for long. It is these sudden pains that trigger my anxiety though. I'm always better during the week at work when I have my mind on something and worse on a weekend when I'm not so busy.

Although I haven't had any scans my GP told me she's 100% sure I'm healthy and it's just anxiety and if it was anything serious (particularily the thing I worry it is) it would be there all the time.

I never believed stress/anxiety could affect people like this.... until.... it started affecting me.

I try to comfort myself by thinking "if it was something serious then it would be getting worse all the time". That helps me a little.

When the HA hits hard I just go to make a drink and whistle a happy tune until it passes.

I'm sorry about the long post and don't know if it helps but just wanted to let you know you're not alone.