PDA

View Full Version : Worried about breast lump!

Jo3016
17-12-09, 11:26
I have a couple of small lumps in at the bottom side of my left breast that just almost appeared over night over the weekend. They are tender and sore. Both my breasts really ache too. I am 12 days in taking Yasmin contraceptive pill to regulate my periods. I have also had nausea and some pelvic pain. I started on Microgynon 5 weeks ago but the doctor took me off that because it caused continuous bleeding, mood swings, cramps and nausea.

I have spoken to many friends, several of whom have had similar problems on hormonal contraception. I have also spoken to a very good friend of mine who is a GP who said that it would be nothing sinister if it suddenly appeared and hurt. She told me to wait a cycle and see if it had changed at all.

Having a health anxiety makes this very difficult. I am 37; young to have breast cancer although I know it does happen. I have no relatives for a couple of generations at least who have had this. More significantly, I have had a major hormonal imbalance for a couple of years which the doctor is trying to rectify with trying several pills which have caused many side effects. This is a logical explanation but my brain keeps making me panic just when i think I have got hold of the situation.

meg86
17-12-09, 11:34
Hello!!

This may be helpful to you, i am going through something similar at the moment, i was worried about breast pain i went to the doctor who said that my tissue was very swollen caused by homone imbalance(this was only in my left breast) and gave me some cream, i was still very very worried and went back for a second opinion, the doctor said that my breasts was fine and prescribed some anti inflammatries.

I woke up on sunday morning with two bug hard lumps in my boob, i was terrified and started taking the anti-inflammtries from sunday.

They have now dissapeared, and my boob is starting to feel a bit normal again, i think my tissue was very irritated and felt sooo hard and scary.

I have to take these for a month, i am still a little worried but the doctors know what they are talking about i guess, go to your doctor they dont mess around with things like this.

I know how you feel i have been terrified of breast cancer for the last few months.

Take Care xxx