PDA

View Full Version : Plz help so scared

anx mum
17-12-09, 12:25
Really dont know where too start recently been 2 see a neuro and he has dianogsed me with belles palsey my right side of face feels very stiff numb but not too touch. Also my right eye keeps twitching also since aug been getting constnt headaches really dont know whats going on but really scared my HA is sky high cant relax. Plz help:weep:

nomorepanic
17-12-09, 12:49
Hi Anx mum

I am not sure there is much more we can do to reassure you but maybe read those links I sent you and someone also send you a link to a support forum for Bell's palsey so maybe check that out as that will be more specific to your problem than here.

It may reassure you to read about how other people deal with it anyway.

meg86
17-12-09, 13:08
Hello :)

Try not to worry Bel's Palsey is alot more common than you think, i know several people who have had it, and one of my best friends had it.

I can only imagine how distressing it is but i have looked up some information about it on Bupa and it wasnt to scary.

3 in 4 people will recover completely, most see improvement in 6 weeks, rarely it can take 6 months for the damages nerve to regrow.

http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/Bells_palsy.html#6

I have seen on your previous threads that you haev had MRI etc and everything was fine, thi is very good news!! bel's Palsey is very treatable and its great that nothing more serious was found.

Complications of bel's palsey is very rare so please take some comfort in this, can i ask how was you diagnosed with this? do you have facial dropping?

Its just that a few months ago i had very bad numbness in my face, and constant headaches worst in my life that lasted 3 months, also twitching is extremely common with anxiety, i didnt go to the doctor about my symptoms as i knew that they are very common anxiety symptoms, and when my anxiety eased up my symptoms dissapeared xx

anx mum
17-12-09, 13:30
Thanks meg feel so alone at mo my neuro said my right side of face had a weakness and this is what hes saying it is. Just really scared as got headache aswell and just feel so s*** everyday. Doc said i can have another mri but wont b after xmas so im going monday and paying my HA is sky high.

bukendaa
17-12-09, 14:05
I fell so sad for you.You are so brave to be going threw this i know i would be in a world of hell if i were you im sure things will get better and improve Mum.