PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with me?

becca
17-12-09, 12:43
i have always had low self esteem probably becasue i got bullied for having asthma eczema and not wanted or caring to make friends and i have always seemed to be years ahead of everyone else my age:unsure:. Now i have this great boyfriend and one minute hes saying im gorgeous and i believe him and then he might give me a look or an off hand comment and thats it my mood changes so quickly and im thinkin im ugly and fat and that he thinks it too and he doesnt understand and its sooo frustrating becauseto be honest i dont understand either :ohmy:he is so good for me and has always been there for me through all the self harm i cant afford to looose him but i just cant control all the mood swings i just flip help any advice or explanations out there? :blush:

diane07
17-12-09, 12:47
Hi becca

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

unspoken
17-12-09, 13:00
It sounds like what you say, chronic low self esteem. You find it so difficult to actually believe what he says that in your mind, he must be lying to you. My boyfriend has very low self esteem, he can't accept that anyone would like him enough to stick around, and it does make it difficult. It sounds like you've got a lovely guy though. Maybe give him some information about low self esteem, like the article on this site, to try to make sure he understands as much as possible.

meg86
17-12-09, 13:15
Hello becca,

You are not alone, i know alot of people can feel like this at times and anxiety does sometimes send your emotions sky high, which fuels insecurities. I write things down when i think i may be thinking irrationally and try and makes sense of my worry and look at it from a objective point of view, may i suggest that you post this topic in another section, i noticed that alot of your posts are in the "introduce yourself" section, you might receive more replys if you post for example in the general anxiety section. xx