PDA

View Full Version : Ectopic beats again sooo angry

lin
21-11-05, 11:42
Hi all

Over the last few days these horrible ectopic heartbeats have come back which still do scare me and some times freak me out i can be just sitting watching tv and out of the blue i have them, can't understand why i'm not anxious or panicky they just seem to appear. Sometimes i can feel my heart beating and i'm checking my pulse again from time to time not as bad as before though. Is it normal to feel your heart beating when at rest? Does any1 have these ectopics just out the blue for no reason? i hate having them it makes me soooo :(

Hope you can help!!!!!!!

linda xx

Quirky
21-11-05, 12:05
Hi Lin,
I often feel my heart beat when I'm resting, especially when I am laying in bed or even watching tv. For the last ten days I have been aware of every heart beat. I've seen a cardio a few times and although I'm waiting the results of a 24hour ECG monitor I had an ECG last time it was bad and that was normal. My gp thinks I'm just sensitive to my feeling my heart beat and I seem more sensitive to it when I'm hormonal too.
Take care,
LJ

Piglet
21-11-05, 13:20
Hi Linda,

Lol, I'm bound to answer this one!!

Yes hun I do get them out of the blue too, even when I am relatively unanxious.

I still don't like them but I am getting ok with the milder sort and because I am getting good long gaps between them.

Love Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

carlin
21-11-05, 14:22
Hi there,
It is so very annoying isn't it? It must be in the air, i had exactly the same last night, after a good day, out of the blue, the only difference for me this time was, cos i had been re-assured that they would not harm me, i TRIED to ignore them, had a chat, moved around, totally distracted myself, and honestly, they either went away (or to be honest)i just ignored them...mmmmm , tried the same in the shops today with the dizzinees though, sort of worked but not a complete success, gosh it is hard work at times, take care and keep in touch. xxx

hunny
21-11-05, 16:13
Hiya Lin

I have been getting these a lot more recently.What do yours feel like exactly though?
Mine happen for no apparant reason and really worry me too

Hunny xx

lin
22-11-05, 14:13
hi Hunny

mine are ectopic beats when the heart misses a beat and somtimes flutters if i rush round alot i get them. It does make me feel a little better knowing others have the same problem but at the same time i still get a little worried about them.

thanx for the replys it was great!!!!

linda xx

pinkscrumpy
22-11-05, 15:21
Hi Lin

Still getting mine six years down the line and I still worry exactly the same over them. AAARRRGGGGHHH.

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

dizzyd
22-11-05, 21:27
Hi Linda,
It's your old mate Dizzyd ! I have had lot's of moments this last week when I know if I checked my pulse my heart would be all over the place for no apparent reason -The difference is I haven't checked my pulse and have chosen to not give the 'missed beats and catch up ones' any attention other than a momentary thought. I am still here to tell the tale and as far as I know my heart is beating regular at the moment. That proves to me that my heart is healthy as it can re-regulate itself after lots of wobbles throughout the day!
Take care my friend - I really know EXACTLY how it feels to have missed beats and catch up ones - Horrible.
Love Dawn x