PDA

View Full Version : Emetophob, any of you share this? any recovered?

proUP520
18-12-09, 04:28
Hi, I'm terrified of throwing up, I don't know why. I use to smoke loads of marijuana, sometimes to the point of vomiting, but since then ive become straight edge, so don't worry i wont go on any rants while extremely stoned. I'll keep it professional. But, the point about the weed was that i would throw up and not care, but while im sober, and i get nauseous, i get terrified and work myself into a panic attack, this has been going on for a long time, and it is holding me back from doing normal things, like hanging out with friends, and even giving me problems with intimacy.

It doesn't help that i have God knows what illness right now that has been going on for about 2 months (symptoms include feeling nauseous every night, not being able to eat, gas, etc.) Had an endoscopy, and it turns out my stomach looks fantastic so that's where I'm at with that, but i mention that because, every night I feel nauseous and start in with the panic attacks.

does anyone have any thing at all that they think might help with the emetophobia? or any clue as to what is wrong with me?

-Ian

BabyRachel
18-12-09, 04:58
Hi Ian. I wish I had some advice, because I am severely emetophobic too.... If i feel like I may be sick, I am straight into a panic attack....

All I can suggest is CBT... My previous therapist tried to help me work on it but she wasn't very good.... And im too embarassed to mention it to my new therapist!!

take care Ian. xx

Cell block H fan
18-12-09, 09:48
Hi, I'm terrified of throwing up, I don't know why. I use to smoke loads of marijuana, sometimes to the point of vomiting, but since then ive become straight edge, so don't worry i wont go on any rants while extremely stoned. I'll keep it professional. But, the point about the weed was that i would throw up and not care, but while im sober, and i get nauseous, i get terrified and work myself into a panic attack, this has been going on for a long time, and it is holding me back from doing normal things, like hanging out with friends, and even giving me problems with intimacy.

It doesn't help that i have God knows what illness right now that has been going on for about 2 months (symptoms include feeling nauseous every night, not being able to eat, gas, etc.) Had an endoscopy, and it turns out my stomach looks fantastic so that's where I'm at with that, but i mention that because, every night I feel nauseous and start in with the panic attacks.

does anyone have any thing at all that they think might help with the emetophobia? or any clue as to what is wrong with me?

-Ian

Yes, I used to avoid eating out in restaurants, even at families houses incase the food wasn't cooked right. I cremate everything to make sure it is safe. And I HATE bar b q's with a passion! BUT its got better as the years have gone on, & I suppose with me it was having children. I didn't get morning sickness thankfully, but kids get sick & I loved them more than Emetaphobia! so had to look after them & keep them calm when they were sick, you kinda get used to it. I only ever caught one bug off them too, & I dealt with it better than I ever thought I would.
I will never look forward to throwing up! But the fear isn't there so much now, I even eat in restaurants now & at families houses lol x