PDA

View Full Version : Headaches/Dizziness/Tingling - terribly worried :(

SamanthaAU
18-12-09, 09:57
Hello,

I have just had a baby 9 weeks ago and for the last few weeks on and off I have felt faint headaches and dizziness/light headedness on and off.

Now it feels like my head is getting tingling and I am starting to worry. I went to see my GP today and told me to come back if it gets no better and she will do some blood tests.

But I am starting to worry and become anxious now - I know where this is heading it is all too familiar the feelings of worrying I am going to die and leave my children. I am so scared:weep:

Zsofi
18-12-09, 11:34
Hello Samantha,

Please get these horrible thoughts out of your head! You are most certainly NOT GOING TO DIE!!! These symptoms you have are the most frequent ones for people with anxiety.
So that's it. You have anxiety and it never killed anyone and it won't kill you either. Period.

Try to find happier thoughts, smile a lot and enjoy your newborn baby! That's what you suppose to do now, please don't let this monster (anxiety) to destroy the most beautiful moments of your life!!

YOU ARE JUST FINE! :hugs:

Zsofi

june
18-12-09, 12:13
:hugs::hugs::hugs:
Hi just wanted to send you some hugs
:hugs::hugs::hugs:
I am a pensioner and i am suffering those horrible feelings
It is the fear of the fear that sets it off:hugs:
That awful 'merry go round'
I just get so scared - then i come on here and try to fet some reasurance:blush: sometimes it works.
Hope you feel better soon
June
:hugs:

Jemba
18-12-09, 21:55
Having a baby makes you go a bit funny for a while, all the hormones. Your symptoms sound like anxiety to me. Also you may find that your vitamins are depreciated as the baby takes so much from you. You may also have some of the post baby blues as your hormones settle down. I know I went a bit erratic and emotional after having my son and I did not have anxiety back then. Take some time and try and relax, you have been through a marathon having a baby and you need to allow your body to take stock.

Relax and enjoy your little one.