PDA

View Full Version : hiya!

katz41
18-12-09, 11:19
hi kat here, i'm 41, female and suffer with anxiety and have ocd too...
getting mega stressed at work right now, i'm a nurse, have been for 15 years thereabouts but getting to the stage i just dont want the stress anymore!
my anxiety and ocd is affecting how i do my job, and i'ts got much worse lately; i go home worrying about it and my brain just wont shut off from it
i take cipramil 30mg a day but have been on that since july and the ocd hasnt' abated that much really to be honest and i still get very very anxious
i've been doing a lot more hours lately, dont get me wrong, the money helps! and i do get on with it and some times work is ok,it' sjust when the anxiety kicks in, i worry obsessively about things and keep checking and re checking things and then forget things and then recheck things etc; its just that we're under so much pressure, people are going off sick left right and centre and they're never looked upon favourably, you can hear things being said about them so it's not a popular choice to go off sick, hence the fact that i havent! and i wouldnt unless things got really bad
last week i had chest twinges which luckily ended up being indidgestion; i get a lot of acid reflux and have had to start using gaviscon again
i feel quite depressed, not in a self harming way but just fed up and wish i'd never gone into the profession; i certainly wouldnt have if i knew what i know now!
people just expect so much and i dont know if i can meet their expectations much longer

i havent talked to my manager about this in depth and i am worried about losing my job, i just couldnt afford that and i am good at it usually it s just this damned anxiety and ocd that makes things ten times worse
not only that, i was in a head on collision RTA back in october, thankfully got away with minor head injury but i have to use the same bus i was on in the accident to get to and from work and while i have tried just to forget i do get nervous, especially when they drive too fast [which is what happened on the day of the accident, our driver was going too fast and couldnt brake in time and we hit another bus]

at least im' here to whinge about it eh!

diane07
18-12-09, 11:21
Hi KAT40

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

katz41
18-12-09, 11:25
thanks diane, seems like a good site:)

messianictalmud
18-12-09, 15:07
Hi KAT40 welcome to the NMP forum

Maj
18-12-09, 15:22
Hello Kat,

Sorry to hear how stressed you are. Maybe you've just been doing too many hours at work. I know the money is tempting but your health comes first. I work in a ward where they do 12 hour shifts and the sickness rate with the staff in the ward is horrendous. The hours are too long and catch up with people, especially if they take on extra shifts. If you are already feeling anxious then being too tired won't help. It sounds as though you are exhausted and need a break. If you work in the NHS then you will get paid when being off. Maybe having a word with your gp again might help if you don't feel the meds are helping you. Remember, your health comes first and you are only human, it all catches up with us at times.
Myra:hugs:

margaret jones
18-12-09, 16:08
Kat Hi sorry to hear you a feeling stressed your job is very stressfull i know i nursed for 25 yrs and the need to deliver good care is not always easy on the wards today.
Maybe like Myra says you need a short break to recharge your batteries .

Hope you are feeling better soon Margaret

katz41
20-12-09, 16:49
thanks, i will see my gp, probably after christmas now