PDA

View Full Version : Icreasing Escitalopram from 10mg to 20mg per day

shotokansho
18-12-09, 12:39
Hello all. I was just wondering if anyone taking this medication has ever had to increase it? My gp wants to increase mine from 10mg to 20mg. I am ok on 10mg but my sleeping is dreaful and i am still occasionally stressed and tearful. The thing is i don't want to feel spaced out or experience anything nasty. It took me ages to pluck up the courage just to take 10mg, as i have a medication phobia. What do you guys think?

mummy4
20-12-09, 23:13
sorry no advice but just wanted to let you know you are not alone in the way you feel. i take 5mg cipralex every evening been on them constant for 4 years but not doing good lately as my anxiety really high and am finding things like shopping and school run really hard to do so doc suggested i start taking 10mg every evening and this was a month ago and i have still not done so! i too have a medication fear and am scared so big (((hugs))) to you xx

shotokansho
20-12-09, 23:44
Thanks mummy. I guess we should be used to them after so long, i just worry too much. I think my doc only wants to increase them because i am becoming addicted to Zopiclone. I just dont know what to do, i have cried a lot lately but i am just trying to stay strong rather than having to resort to the increase.
(((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))

BabyRachel
21-12-09, 22:59
I have had to increase my escitalopram and yes, i have gotten some side effects. They were the same but lesser as the ones i got when I was first put on the meds.

Its unpleasant, but the long run benefits definatly outweigh the side effects for me! :)

shotokansho
22-12-09, 18:28
Thanks for that. I didn't get any side effects at all when i first started on them so i am wondering weather i will have any by increasing them? Did they help your sleep when you had them increased?