PDA

View Full Version : Blood in stool

bukendaa
18-12-09, 14:44
Hey guys today when i went number to and used toilet paper i saw a bit of bright red blood on the paper now my bowles arnt the best my stools are always to dry or mushy (Sorry for the rudnes) should i talk to my doc about this im scared i have bowel cancer or something.

nomorepanic
18-12-09, 14:55
Sounds like piles or a small fissure which is a tear.

The doc can give you some cream for it.

Bright red fresh blood means that it isn't cancer of the bowel as that would be darker, dried blood

Ella_Jayne
18-12-09, 15:35
You don't have cancer.
Blood in stools is very common, and is usually just a tear or piles.
Talk to your doctor if it makes you feel better.
And as said above, if the blood is bright red then it's definately NOT cancer. It's fresh blood so as I said before either a tear or piles.

reddevil
18-12-09, 15:45
Hey guys today when i went number to and used toilet paper i saw a bit of bright red blood on the paper now my bowles arnt the best my stools are always to dry or mushy (Sorry for the rudnes) should i talk to my doc about this im scared i have bowel cancer or something.

Bright red blood means its fresh, if it was bowel cancer the blood would be dark.

BKF1515
31-12-09, 14:02
Actually I found this thread b/c I have the same - blood is fresh red but for the first time it has been a little dried. The fact that it seems to be a little dried worries me. Could it be piles or a fissure if it's very red but a little dried? Thanks in advance....

poppy1
31-12-09, 16:21
without sounding too rude, its probably residue from the last 'bleed' really doesnt sound like anything. My friend died of bowel cancer and her symptoms werent bright red blood, ive had it and it was a fissure.