PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone...just introducing myself

Ma Larkin
21-11-05, 13:52
Hi I'm Lesley. Unfortunately, I have been having panic attacks since I took an overdose 9 months ago. I have read your stories on the site & although our symptoms are the same I can't get it out of my head that I only have panic attacks because I damaged my heart when I took the overdose. The tablets I took cause cardiac arrest & i'd never had a panic attack before in my life. They are taking over & its so stressful for my 3 children, seeing me when I'm having a full blown attack. My GP has put me on Clomipramine, but I haven't given it a chance yet. I take about 4 (just 1 a night) then start to feel even worse so come off them & have to cope on 2mg diazepam to calm me down. Nightmare!!

Piglet
21-11-05, 13:55
Hi Lesley,

A big welcome to the site and I hope you find much to reassure you here.

I can't say much about the medication as I have only ever had beta blockers and Prozac but I'm sure lots of others can share their experiences with you.

Love Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

trac67
21-11-05, 14:02
Hi Lesley,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of advice here and make some good friends, and hopefully find some reassurance.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Meg
21-11-05, 16:34
Lesley ,

Its hard to reassure you when so much depends on the details.
Were you told that you did actually harm your heart long term ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

chucklehound
21-11-05, 16:43
Hi Lesley and welcome to NMP where you will get lots of support and make some great friends too!:D

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

nomorepanic
21-11-05, 18:27
Hi Lesley

A warm welcome aboard and I hope we can be of some help to you on here.

Nicola

Karen
21-11-05, 18:28
Hi Lesley

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about the overdose and that you are struggling right now. I hope we are able to help you through this difficult time.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

pinkscrumpy
21-11-05, 18:38
A warm elcome to you Lesley

[^]:D

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

alexis
21-11-05, 18:59
Hi lesley and welcome to the site, I hope you can find lots of reassurance and answers,xx

love from Alexisxx

If I help one person today it was worth getting up.

3faces
21-11-05, 20:56
Hi Lesley and welcome...sorry to hear you've been having a really rough time of things. PM me anytime for a chat, I'm a mum to 3 as well

Jem xxx

wobily_lin
21-11-05, 23:42
hi lesley

welcome on board. great advise on this site. .xxx

lin x

aussiegirl
22-11-05, 03:30
hi lesley :D
welcome [^]

PTSD sufferer 2 yrs
married mummy to 3 kids

kazo
22-11-05, 10:04
hi lesley

welsome to the forum

kazo xxx

sillymoo
22-11-05, 15:24
hi!nice 2 meet u!!!!i hope u find this site as helpful as i do!i have the odd panic attack so i know how u feel it aint nice!take care luv mooxXx