PDA

View Full Version : Been in denial about my SAD, now its getting too much...

John_1990
18-12-09, 21:16
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. My names John, I'm 19 and I just thought I'd take a minute to share my problem and ask for your help/advice. For the past year or so my social interactions have been becoming less and less frequent and now they've pretty much reached a stand-still. I guess I've been in a denial about it all and now it's getting too much, I just want to be my old-self again.

I used to have a great group of friends, we were all like a family. We used to meet up every weekend without fail and have a real good time, then I got a girl-friend, I started spending more and more time staying in and watching TV with her, I was ignoring and abusing all my friends and it seems now I've lost most of them. I realized the problem and broke it off with my girlfriend around 6 months ago (not just because I lost my friends, there were other issues) with the intention of getting all my mates back together and enjoying the good old times. Things didn't work out the way I planned.

I started off quite well, meeting up with a few of them and reminiscing old memmories, but somewhere it went wrong and I started spending less time with everyone than I did when I was in a relationship. I left my old job because I was given a position at a much better company but I was only working for them for a couple months before they gave me my notice due to cut-backs. I felt rejected by this and spent more time indoors, alone.

Now it's got to a point where I simply don't know who I am or where I stand anymore. I feel inadequate, completely out of touch with the world, the thought of meeting new people scares the hell out of me (I've been invited to a party tonight but I just can't bring myself to go). This is not me nor who I want to be but I feel like the situations completely spiralled out of control.

I've read so many documents on the subject and there’s so many conflicting opinions about what could have caused the issues that I'm just feeling completely confused and alone. Currently, I'm considering joining the navy to get myself out of this (maybe the constant social interaction will help?). I just want to know the quickest way to get out of this hole I've dug for myself and whether you guys have any advice to help?

P.S - I appreciate you taking the time to read this, I know it's a pretty long message.

John.

messianictalmud
18-12-09, 22:32
:welcome:John 1990 ot the NMP forum