PDA

View Full Version : Thescene21 Saying HIYA!!!!!

thescene21
18-12-09, 22:29
Hi everyone, just a quick hello from me. I have never been on any kind of medication before, i have been blessed with very good health. I have started on Fluoxetine to battle anxiety and depression.

I was very reluctant to start on this type of medication as i thought it might hurt my male pride (silly i know). But i am taking the medication leading up to my councelling which is a lovely 6 week wait.

I am on day 6 and today has been a very good day, my anxiety has calmed right down and im feeling a lot more like myself. I dont know how i will feel tomorrow but i feel more optimistic.

I am on the medication due to a kind of break up with someone. It only lasted three weeks and i am very cut up by it, which is crazy as it was only three weeks and i knew in my head it wouldnt work.

If anyone would like to chat about anything feel free to message me.
Take care everyone

nomorepanic
18-12-09, 22:30
Hi thescene21

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

HelenS70
18-12-09, 23:12
Hello Thescene21 :welcome: A break up is still painful no matter how short or long it is, you will find comfort here I am sure of it!

I am on fluoxetine too (amongst other meds) and find after one month use the depression gets 'lighter'. I am just waiting for my other meds to kick in so my moods will be more stable. :wacko:

I look forward to seeing you in our chatroom and here on the messageboards of course!

Take care!

Helen:hugs:

Just.A.Girl.x
18-12-09, 23:16
Welcome to NMP :) You will find good advice here x

thescene21
19-12-09, 18:56
Hey everyone thanks for the warm welcome. i will check out the chat room very soon. I hope everyone is okie xxx