PDA

View Full Version : Feel terrible

loulou
21-11-05, 19:20
Hi,

Lately i've been feeling really depressed because ive had a lot of trouble at home with my parents that have been arguing a lot and my dad is depressed which im finding hard to deal with seeing him so down. today i was talking to my friend in work a bout it and i got quite upset but it has made me feel ten times worse because she said to me a few things that hurt she told me i need to get on with my own life and not live my life around my parents and my sister and her family which is what i have been doing but i enjoy spending time with them, she also said that i need to sort my life out because ive been down before and that my depression is all caused by my parents (which probaly is true but they aint all bad) she also said that if i dont sort it out now i'm gonna go back down and never come up agian which has scared me what does that mean that im gonna be ill forever or that im gonna end up topping my self or something. Im scared now because i think that if other people think i cant cope then maybe i cant and that will happen to me cause my aunt as also said the same thing i know i need to get out more but at the moment it is hard i do just go to work and come home go to my friends or my sisters but i actually enjoy that is there something wrong with that? i now feel like a complete freak for not being out on the piss everynight like she is sorry had to talk to someone feel very tearful tonight.

Lisa

Piglet
21-11-05, 19:27
Hi Lisa,

If being around your family makes you happy then you stick with that hun. Although being out every night when you are young can be fun, sometimes, it's not obligatory.

Of course you can cope - you believe in yourself as this is far more important than what your friend thinks. I have a couple of people I know who make me feel like this too, try not to take their words to much to heart.

I guess its a question of balance, perhaps rather than pubbing or clubbing you could go to the pictures with your sister/s.

Love Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.