PDA

View Full Version : Chest Pain Reassurance

poppy1
19-12-09, 14:33
I went to see the doc yesterday about my chest pains which i have in the centre on and around the bone. She told me it was down to anxiety but then explained that real heart pain wouldnt come on while i was sat down ect would come on while exercising and would ease on rest. She also told me that heart pain would be intense and accompanied by being sick or dizziness.

By telling me this, she gave me massive reassurance and im hoping that it might reassure someone else too.

cascade70
19-12-09, 16:29
Yeah i agree with u, thing is i did a post last week stating that if it was not for the physical symptoms brought on by anxiety then i think i would be fine but it can get you down because its limits your abilty to do a lot of things. But thats a great post so thanks

poppy1
19-12-09, 16:32
Absolutely does limilt your ability to do stuff, and to be honest, im still anxious, its a never ending cycle but this helps me to 'run through' things quicker in my mind!

Its so hard to see the physical symptoms as anxiety and my worry was 'what if its not' as im sure people can relate too!

NeverRelaxed
19-12-09, 16:51
jesus, i have been thru the mill lately with heart worries and awful symptoms...I had palps/shortness of breath AND chest pains...Of course we all know what this could mean!!! I was CONVINCED!! I had heart disease or that my heart was failing! went to the doctors first and they both listened to my heart and said it sounded fine...completely normal...But still I had symptoms..It came to a head and I eneded up in a&e..Only to be told that I was fine and tests came back normal!!

So yeah..I have a newfound respect for anxiety...its such a powerful emotion that conjure up symptoms that mimic, EXACTLY, the symptoms of sinister conditions....

Cell block H fan
19-12-09, 17:00
I went to see the doc yesterday about my chest pains which i have in the centre on and around the bone. She told me it was down to anxiety but then explained that real heart pain wouldnt come on while i was sat down ect would come on while exercising and would ease on rest. She also told me that heart pain would be intense and accompanied by being sick or dizziness.

By telling me this, she gave me massive reassurance and im hoping that it might reassure someone else too.

Yes I have heard all those things too. I get chest pain in the middle if I press on it, in fact it flippin hurts big time when I press on it! But it always has. Never known why. That bone in the middle just below the ribs that sticks down? Its like its really badly bruised.
x