PDA

View Full Version : Walk in snow

Sweetpea6
19-12-09, 18:43
Hello,

Just a little success, but it may give encouragement to somebody (it cheered me up!)

I was feeling quite anxious this morning about going out for my walk (I aim to go out for about half an hour's walk every day), but did my CBT form to clear my mind, decided to accept the anxiety and went....AND actually really enjoyed it!! No anxiety! Was out for about an hour, enjoying the snow and the sunshine, posted a few Christmas cards, yipeeee!

So it goes to show that you never really know how something will go until you give it a go...it could turn out better than you think. (I need to put my own advice into practice a bit more:blush:)

Anyway, Happy Christmas everybody! Much love, you're all fab!

Maj
19-12-09, 18:48
I'm so pleased you enjoyed your walk. Although the thought of it can seem like an ordeal it just shows you how such a simple things can lift our spirits. Walking is great for this. Well done!!
Myra:hugs:

Jimpy
19-12-09, 18:48
Great stuff well done! I had a victory of my own today I was ouyside and felt my panic rising but stayed strong sat down for a minute anf then carried on with my day. Small steps eh! But it feels good!

Jim

ulala23uk
20-12-09, 09:00
Excellent news sweetpea and Jimpy :)

gypsywomen
20-12-09, 09:19
good for you keep it up xxxx

Sweetpea6
20-12-09, 13:14
Thanks for the encouragement all! And well done Jim for pressing on through the fear. Merry Christmas everyone! I'm just about to have a roast dinner with my family...mmm xxx

weeloulou
20-12-09, 21:29
Congrats on your adventure and freedomx :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/xxlouxx2003/Welldone.gif

eternally optimistic
22-12-09, 14:28
Sweet Pea, well done.

I took up walking, nothing serious, when I had a very "iffy" time a couple of years ago and even though sometimes I dont feel like doing it, it really does help with mental well being and it energies you when you get home. I'm usually up for some house work, what a shame....LOL.

Good on you.

Sweetpea6
23-12-09, 14:06
I agree Jackie- it's always very uplifting, and gets the blood pumping around your body...as does housework, I suppose?!

unspoken
23-12-09, 14:36
Congratulations :) I often find it difficult to motivate myself to go out in the cold but the fresh air and exercise do make me feel better.

Sweetpea6
23-12-09, 18:33
Thanks unspoken x