PDA

View Full Version : can anyone help

tammyjin
21-11-05, 20:52
hi ya just wondering if there is anyone that can help that day has come am finally alone for the week haven't been fine all day i feel like i have been caught up in one long attack and it's not done with me yet!
I'm writting this in tears i feel like i don't exist, i don't know what to do to say i'm lonely is an understatement.
I am new to anxiety having only been diagnosed 6 months ago i am still waiting for counselling and right now i feel i can't cope the thought of going to bed is scaring the hell out of me i am only 25 i want to be me again but i can't remember who she is
i was up at 2 this morning having an attack
can anyone help me?? please??

denise84
21-11-05, 21:00
hi tammy, im sorry to hear your having a tough time at the moment. im 21 and about 3 years ago i started having panic attacks, i was like you and was terrified of being left home alone. but now im fine, to be honest i now love my time i get home alone. bed time can still be abit scary for me, but all you have to do is keep telling yourself, nothing is gonna happen to you just because you are alone. and you should maybe even write down some numbers of people close to where u live that know you well and you will know that if you do feel too bad then you can just call them, even ask them if they would be ok with you calling them no matter what the time. and if you know you can call them anytime you like it will make you feel more at ease. take a book to bed and read till you feel shattered, always works for me.x. i hope i have helped you in some way.xxx. good luck hun.

dmcgovern

mum2four
21-11-05, 21:06
Try to be positive mate.

I understand how it feel's and beleave me you a exist cause I'm writing to you and if you dont then i dont lol :D

***HUGS***
***HUGS***

Try to find just one thing ti smile about and hold on to that thought.

3faces
21-11-05, 21:10
I'm thinking of you tammy.....you're not alone because we are all here for you when you need us.:D

Try and make going to bed as cozy as possible, some low music and a little lamp on. Plump up your pillows, get a cuddly toy and make yourself a warm drink.

Take little steps at a time, as you say you're new to feeling anxious and there is a lot of help out there and you certainly are not alone, ever.

PM me anytime if you want a chat [OK]

Jem xxx

Keitharcher
21-11-05, 21:18
Thinking of you Tammy you are not alone, but you will get through this blip. Remember the only way is up

Keith

nomorepanic
21-11-05, 21:31
You need distraction mainly.

Loud music - do some dancing even if you don't feel like it.

Get a DVD and a box of choccies.

Have a relaxing bath

Tidy all the cupboards out

Above all tell yourself you are and will be fine.

Pop in the chat room for some company each night if you get very lonely.

It will soon fly!

Nicola

trac67
21-11-05, 21:33
Hi Tammy,

Sorry to hear you are feeling low right now, this anxiety thing is one of the toughest things to cope with.

Try a nice relaxing bath, with candles, and calming music, think of it as time for you.

You will get through this, I know at the minute it feels like you wont, but I assure you, it does get easier to deal with, and you become a much stronger person for it.

Remain positive mate.

If you need someone to talk to feel free to pm me and I will pass on my msn or e mail addy to you.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Meg
21-11-05, 21:57
Tammy

Having plans A-D always worked well for me- never used any of them but just knowing they were there helped enormously.

Also I was a fan of supermarket 24 hr shopping..

Use the chatroom - what have you got planned for the days ahead ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Piglet
21-11-05, 22:11
Lots of good advice there Tammy.

Believe me, you will be able to look back at this in due course and marvel that you felt that bad.

Meantime do make the most of the chatroom, its like being able to go into a friendly pub every night.

Love Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

lotus
21-11-05, 22:23
Hey Tammy

I know how you feel. When my anxiety started, I couldn't even sleep alone in my room! I slept in my parents' bed with mom for a couple of weeks, dad had to sleep either in my room, or on the couch LOL I know that you're scared of being left alone, but I can assure you that everything is going to be fine, even though you don't believe it now.

Distraction is the best you can do. Read a book, a funny one preferably, buy a bunch of magazines, watch a comedy or a nice TV show, listen to your favorite music, play online games, visit forums and chatrooms and talk to people. You can also invite a friend to come over and maybe stay with you for the night. Leave a lamp on and also some music on when you go to bed. I personally like to listen to online soft jazz radios, they really relax me.

Everything's going to be fine, I promise :)
hugs & kisses

wobily_lin
21-11-05, 23:57
hi tammy

i so know how u feel. when i was at my worst, my partener couldnt leave the house, or i couldnt allow anyone in, i never slept, panic attacks all the time. it is scary. but as all have said already, it will get better although as we all know this is a slow progress.

i still am scared to go to bed at times, but exercise in any form is good and distractions. relax although i know at this time that is difficult, being so tired and anxious.

pm r email me anytime. some great advise on here.

take care.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ptsd sufferer.

lin x

tammyjin
22-11-05, 11:06
Thankyou all so much it really helps, well the update is i slept in only 3 stages which is a big improvement i decided that i would let the dog do it's job instead of me worrying :D
I am feeling really great today might be a different story tonight but at the moment i feel really positive.

So thanks again to you all it's nice to know there are people who care and i promises to make more of an effort in the chatroom tonight

Thank you all

Tammy xxx

Meg
22-11-05, 13:26
Good for you , well done

Even bursts of positiveness are excellent .

Keep busy, keep entertained, keep positive

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?