PDA

View Full Version : Mental Hospital My Mum Considered

Ruby94
19-12-09, 21:31
My family probably hate me, my mum is thinking of putting me into a mental hospital because she cant cope with my anxiety and panic. Shes had enough of everything. Have a water infection and was stuck on the loo today and my sister and mum and fiancé were all crowded around me just going on about how i need to pull myself together and i started crying. They're all giving up on me and im getting so depressed. My doctor hasnt got back to me about my infection yet and i havnt had much sleep, and i dont know how im going to sleep with this infection :weep: im scared im going to do something stupid. I have no where to go or no one anymore. :(

I dont know what to do with myself.

Should i go to the mental hosptial.. its not what i want. I just need help and support, i wish i could be fostered or something, i would love someone to take real good care of me and help me. My mum seems to get me nowhere. :weep:

Im so low right now.
:weep: :weep: :weep:

leeann
19-12-09, 21:43
awww sweetie you are not mental and dont need to go to a mental hospital... Parent's and family find it hard to see loved one's panic as much as we do and if they've never suffered with panic/ anxiety then they don't understand. You need to go and see your doctor they could put you through to counselling or may be give you advice on place's to go where it is free. Just remember your not alone and your not mental! xx

bottleblond
19-12-09, 21:49
Mental hospital? Most certainly not!!!! you can tell by the way you talk that-that is not needed. You are allowed to be ill without people jumping to conclusions hun!!

Look them all straight in the face and tell them you are fine but have an infection and it is making you poorly.

Don't let them label you hun because you are not 100% at the moment! Tsk!!

Love Lisa
xxx

Meewah
19-12-09, 22:20
Ruby Have you tried telling your Mum how scared you are feeling?? You should tell her that she needs to support you not try to repair you. Only you can do that. Nobody said being a parent was easy but I would never be able to put my child in to care. I know its easy to say. Does your Mum suffer from anxiety? If so this me why she finds it hard to cope and in this case you should support each other.

Go to the doctor and get some antibiotics for your water infection and ask about CBT. It may be that family counselling could also be a good option. It seems your Mum and family could benefit from some support as well as you.

Don't give in keep pestering the medics.

Take Care Hope you all get support you deserve.

Mee

ElizabethJane
19-12-09, 22:24
Dear Ruby fortunately there aren't many of the old mental hospitals left. You would have to be very mentally ill ie psychotic or a danger to yourself or to others before they would consider admitting you. Commiting someoned to a mental hospital these days just doesn't happen unless they are very very ill and need to be sectioned. I understand that you are crying out for someone to help you. Please try to talk to someone anyone the Samaritans are a good starting point. Go back to your GP and tell him how desperate you feel.

Anxious_gal
20-12-09, 01:05
the hospital might be a good place to go, if they have councillors you can talk to, and if they get you on some medication it might help with anxiety and depression.

have you a councillor you can talk to ? you need to find some support if your not getting it from your family.