PDA

View Full Version : Menopause Symptons?

JaneS
20-12-09, 12:45
Hi there
Can anyone please tell me if my symptons are normal. I am 47 in Feb and have always had regular periods until about 4 months ago when I noticed that my periods were getting closer together although i did miss one completely one month.

This month however I started "spotting" on 2nd Dec and carried on till 12th when I then had a very heavy period which I thought had finished but is continuing, although just spotting now again. Am thinking I will never stop wearing pads!!

I have had a recent smear test (normal) and an internal (normal) but am beginning to panic that there is something wrong. I did have hormone tests recently which were normal for someone of my age.

Does anyone else have similar symptons? I am getting myself all worked up and am mentally booking myself in for a hysterectomy!!!

JaneS
20-12-09, 21:00
Thank you for your response. I think I will see how I go the rest of the month and then go and chat to my GP if things don't improve.
:)

paula lynne
12-07-11, 14:14
Hi Jane, Im 40 and have all other symptoms except a change in periods! (Which is the main one)...others include night sweats, headches, increase migraine, change in appetite, loss of libido, weight gain (especially around the middle)..tirdness, lethergy, low mood, tearfullness, depressive episodes, hair loss, hair growth on chin, top lip etc..if you have any of these as well as a change in your menstrual cycle, it may be worth checking out a menopause website......just type it into google and away you go. Hope you feel better soon!
Paula x

paula lynne
12-07-11, 14:15
Oh dear, just saw the date on this......did I mention scattyness is a symptom too? Hahaha sorry!!!!