PDA

View Full Version : Persistant swollen gland

LittleMissPanic
20-12-09, 18:20
Right here I go, joining the world of no more panic!

I noticed a swollen gland in my neck a couple of months ago, not sore, firmish, rubbery feeling and movable. I have been to the doctors twice after being told to go back in 6 weeks if it had not gone down, so I did, only to be told nothing to worry about. I of course do worry, 99.9% of the time. I think it's about 1cm, unless i tilt my head back, to which then it feels more like 2cm!! I am convinced i have lymphoma after doing what i do best....googling!! I had two lots of blood work done, which came back normal but have read that lymphoma doesn't show up in blood work.

I just want some reasurrance that it is nothing to worry about, I try to keep telling myself it's all in my head but it's easier said than done!!

Any help would be much appreciated!! Thank you!:D

Cell block H fan
20-12-09, 19:05
Right here I go, joining the world of no more panic!

I noticed a swollen gland in my neck a couple of months ago, not sore, firmish, rubbery feeling and movable. I have been to the doctors twice after being told to go back in 6 weeks if it had not gone down, so I did, only to be told nothing to worry about. I of course do worry, 99.9% of the time. I think it's about 1cm, unless i tilt my head back, to which then it feels more like 2cm!! I am convinced i have lymphoma after doing what i do best....googling!! I had two lots of blood work done, which came back normal but have read that lymphoma doesn't show up in blood work.

I just want some reasurrance that it is nothing to worry about, I try to keep telling myself it's all in my head but it's easier said than done!!

Any help would be much appreciated!! Thank you!:D

Blimey dont say that, my son has the same & the blood tests came back fine earlier this year. His have been there ages (he's got 3 pea sized ones, 2 in the neck & 1 in front of his ear) & show no signs of going. x