PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

weeloulou
20-12-09, 21:16
Hi, I'm lou im 30! and i suffer from anxiety, agoraphobia, depression and panic attacks. Im a mum of 3 delightful angels.:yesyes:

nomorepanic
20-12-09, 21:19
Hi weeloulou

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Veronica H
20-12-09, 21:20
:welcome:to NMP. Glad that you have found us.

Veronica

weeloulou
21-12-09, 12:54
thanks so much for the warm welcome... im slowly working my way thro the articles on the forum..there is plenty of food for thought x

bookman351
24-12-09, 06:36
Hello everyone

I've just registered with NMP and wanted to introduce myself. I'm 64, married, two teenage children. A few weeks ago, I started getting worrying symptoms such as involuntary movements around my mouth and in my tongue. My GP has booked me an MRI brain scan for 4th Jan. In the past week or so I've had prolonged episodes of what I assume to be extreme anxiety -- a feeling so uncomfortable I can scarcely bear it. I have to keep moving, doing things, anything just to try and escape the feeling. I don't consciously feel I am 'worrying' about my health -- I just have this overwhelming discomfort in my feelings. It is almost like a physical pain but it isn't. I've never suffered from anything like this in the past & just don't recognise myself any more. I'm going to my GP later this morning hoping for some medication to help me. This is a very long 'introduction' but I wanted to say what has brought me to nmp. I've been up since 4am becaue everytime I close my eyes the feeling of anxiety begins to take over. It feels like nothing I have ever known before & I don't know whether it's neurological in origin or psychological. I hope there may be others out there who will understand what this all means.

Maj
24-12-09, 08:07
Bookman - you've continued this thread on someone's elses post - you should have done your own post and you'd have gotten more personal replies! You could still do this. Anyway, yes it all sounds like anxiety symptoms and you'll get lots of reassurance here. Anxiety symptoms are horrible but they can get better with time and acceptance - struggling will never help, although it's the usual thing we do. There will be many people here who you can relate to.
Myra:hugs:

Weeloulou, Hello:welcome: you'll get lots of reassurance and advice here from people who are feeling or have felt like you do. You're not alone.
Myra:hugs: