PDA

View Full Version : After having thought of deceased dad, i've felt upset

matthewduffy2010
20-12-09, 21:34
In may 2008, my dad sadly passed away.

I did grieve for him, i actually cried a few days before the funeral, and i was on the edge of doing just this at the funeral.

Since then, i've been fine, honestly, really happy, i built up my confidence and have actually been getting great marks on my college work.

Today however, i had a moment when i thought about him. When i say that i don't mean that i saw him or heard him in my head, i just thought about him, if you can understand that. I felt a bit upset inside about it, but it did dissapear.

Later on, i decided to do my Paul McKenna stress CD, and during this trance, i just went mad mentally. I started panicking really badly and all these horrible thoughts were going around my head.

However, the funny thing is if i concentrate on something else, like a TV programme or listen to a piece of music, all the horrible feelings go away. It's really odd, to me anyway.

I thought i should write how i feel on here, so that i am not bottling it up and keeping it to myself.

What i wish to mention is that i have thought about him many times before, even spoke about him, and i haven't felt like this. I think it's mostly my panic in control.

Thank you

looking4answers
21-12-09, 06:25
Its good you wrote here and keep it up.We all do..We all have lost someone special to us and it takes a long long long time to feel better.. My brother has been dead over 25 years and I miss him terribly and think about him everyday and many of my aunts and uncles and my mother and dad all gone.. It still hurts and I get lonesome but as time passes it gets better,never goes away but gets better.take care.Michael

Meewah
22-12-09, 08:19
Hi

I lost my dad in early 2008. I feel the same I have good days and bad days. You have to think that you have to live the life that your Dad would have wanted. You have to carry on everything he taught you and pass it on to future generations that is why we are here.

Take Care

Mee