PDA

View Full Version : Change of Temperature

rhowes2000
22-11-05, 10:52
Good morning,

I have noticed that in these colder temperatures my anxiety is set off when I go from being cold to going into a warm room, has anyone else had experience of it or know's why it happens?

Cheers

Richard

Barb
22-11-05, 11:26
Hi Richard

Yes I get this in fact I had it the other day I had been out and acheived some goals ( I am agoraphobic ) so decided to pop in my mums on th eway home ,well I got in the hall and ran out again it was so hot panic just set in I even tried again but just couldnt cope with it, I cant go in shops that are too hot either I sort of feel trapped and claustrophobic strange I know, but I cant tell you why it happens. Perhaps Meg will help us with that one.

Barb xxx

rhowes2000
22-11-05, 11:28
Nice to hear you are getting out and about though Barb, sounds like a very similar problem to mine. I'm at work and had training this morning in a room without heating which was very cold. We then went back to our office and my temperature is much higher than it should be my face is bright red. That has started off the lightheadness/dizziness.

desperate
22-11-05, 12:18
yeah i think i get that a bit too, coz i guess it's changes in your body which u may be sensitive too.

Sarah

Meg
22-11-05, 13:35
Help - cold air (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5895)

Yes it is to do with sensors on your body thats changes the speed of blood flow and we tend to very sensitive to internal changes. When its cold we tighten up, vessels constrict so not using quiet so much blood, the go somehwere warm, dilate out and body needs to speed up blood flow so heart goes slightly faster etc

All perfectly harmless and normal

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

rachy_babyx
22-11-05, 13:55
hi Richard
I don't know if i get this or not, but when the temperature drops in winter or increases in summer i tend to have a rough few weeks. I can't stand being in a cold room in summer or a warm one in winter i like a constant temperature. I'm so aware of my body that a small change can really set me off

Take care and if you find a way to overcome this please let me know
Rachelxxx

jill
22-11-05, 15:29
Hi Richard

Before you suffered anxiety this would have happend lots of time's but you never gave it another thought.
When we are acute we notice every change in our bodys and ask why?
This in turn give's the green light to Mrs anxiety and it sets of another symptom **lighthead, dizzyness""
I love the heat but my Pa's started in spain. When I got home any heat would trigger anxiety or panic.
It was this site and all the information on hear that told me it WAS NOT the heat, it was me and my negative thoughts putting 2 and 2 toghter and coming up with 5, linking the heat with panics.

Hope this helps.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

When you fear something,
learn as much about it as you can.
Knowledge conquers fear,