PDA

View Full Version : Is this only me that feels like this

sarahg03
21-12-09, 08:15
Morning all

I dont know about you all but since hearing about Brittany Murphy dying from a Cardiac arrest at 32 and then Stephen Gatley dying at the same age from natural causes, I cant help thinking that what if I am, next, I dont have a history of heart problems in the family infact my grandparents are still alive in their 80's on both sides, no history in brothers or sister, mother or father.

I keep fairly active have to walk for about an hour every day, I think since someone I went to school with died of a heart attack earlier this week its really freaked me out that it could be me next.

I cant stop thinking about me possibly having a heart attack and leaving my children without their mum, I am only 26 I like the people mentioned above dont want to die, is their anyway I can get out of this thought cycle and stop worrying about it every twinge I get in my body at the moment is a heart attack.

Just need some advise and to see if anyone else has been through this or is going through it at all.

Take care sarah xx:shrug:

sarahg03
21-12-09, 08:16
I should add that my friend that died did have epilepsy and an underlying heart condition that went un-detected.

lynney66
21-12-09, 09:56
i can totally sympathise with you i am 27 and i have suffered with this type of anxiety for the past year as my cousin died of a heart attack at 25 and it made me start having panic attacks that the same thing was going to happen to me, also the stephen gatley, and brittney murphey have also made me have panic attacks i also have a small son so its not nice to constantly think that way but its like your not in control i am on anti depressants and they really help maybe you could ask for them they really help the panic

Carley
23-12-09, 10:32
It happens to me too, its kick started them very nicely. I am also a mum of 3. It helps to know that I'm not alone. Guess we just have to wait for the memory to fade again :/ hope u feel better soon xx

Ella_Jayne
24-12-09, 00:30
I feel like this when I hear about people dying of heart attacks at young ages too.

You mention Stephen Gately, well it's been released that Stephen had an underlying heart condition called atheromatosis that caused him to have heart failure and pass away. He also has a strong family history of heart disease on his dad's side of the family.

http://www.heatworld.com/Celeb-News/2009/12/The-9-0Clock-News--Wed-23-Dec/

As for Brittany Murphy, they found immense amounts of drugs in her house and it's also said that she suffered from anorexia and depression.
She also had MVP.

(See the link above for details on this too.)

Nobody who is young and healthy dies from a heart attack for no reason. If you have been given the all clear health wise, and have no heart disease in your family, then you have nothing to worry about.

Try and relax.

Happy Christmas.

fozzy is crying
24-12-09, 01:22
You are anxious as you have read about people like this millions die every day young and old alike but as they are not famous it goes unreported. Death comes to us all in the end that is part of life but it not something you can catch like swine flu. Or as a result of someone else of your age dying young.

Causes of others end to life are nothing to do with your fear only thse of your own health risks and perhaps family health history. So look after your own needs, Take medical advice over them and above all remember you come first. Make sure any risks to your life are well discussed and looked after by your GP and those that love you,

God bless and take care.

Gordon