PDA

View Full Version : Trying not to google = need support

Andyroo
21-12-09, 09:01
im so worried im a off and on smoker for a few years im 23 years old i have had chest pain for quite awhile now since i was 17 as ive gotten older my medication for my acid reflex and it has stopped working and i get some chest pains i stopped going to the doctor because it was always the same thing Acid reflex ... now im scared to go back.. about a year and a half ago i got 2 chest xrays and well they found somthing but it was scar tissue and they know that because they compared it to a old xray... anyways ill get to the point ive had chest pains for months because my meds stoped working its maybe been acouple of years now and i know everyone says chest pains ok go to the doctor but im not going to the doctor ... i just want opinions sometimes when i stretch my chest kinda pops almost like well this is a weird example but when my grandfather got sore backs id rub ihs back and it would pop.. kinda like that anyways i dont know whats going on but im freaking out about it i have been to the doctor a few times about a year ago they ran many tests on me and took xrays of my lungs and well i stoped going because i said that was that and it had to end oneday but now im just freaked out abit i would love some opinions thank you very much ..:yahoo: ps. i am quitting smoking because it always makes me anxious

j2
22-12-09, 19:50
Sounds like you may have chondritis of the rib cage. this would explain the popping noises. If your pain is deeper, it very well could be a reaction to anxiety. Also, the reflux can cause chest pain too. What are you taking for the reflux? I take nexium and it works really well for me. I sometimes take a zantac in the afternoon as a "booster". Anyway, all the things above are no fun but not life threatening. Good luck and post whenever you need to. You are not alone.

Andyroo
23-12-09, 00:44
i was taking zoton but it stopped working i took it for years and it worked:weep:

Andyroo
23-12-09, 01:17
im so scared i have been talking to my friends and they have been reasuring me that the xrays i took a year afo was fine and showed nothing im still os scared i always have this pain on the right side of my chest soemtimes wwhen i swollow i can feel it hurt alittle more ... im so scared i dont know what to do.... im so tired of living like this.. im tired of thinking im dieing... i wish someone could just tell me im ok you know? i have noone else to talk to right now that understands so im venting to you guys
im going to stop smoking again and hope my chest pqains go away sometimes after i eat or drink coffee it hurts alittle more or feels like that on little spot in my chest where it hurts expands and makes my whole chest hurt.. could that be a heart burn? i dont know... i need help i need friends.... someone please help me

j2
23-12-09, 03:13
Malv,

I want you to read your post as if I had written it. You would read it and say, "poor fellow, he has anxiety symptoms and is too worked up to realize it". This is by no means an insult and as an anxiety sufferer you know what I mean. Sometimes we just get so worked up that we can't believe that this is all anxiety. There are many many reasons why you can be having your symptoms and the xray ruled out the worst one. I would really try to get a handle on the reflux. Any proton pump inhibitor should be tried if you can get some. You are fine, there I said it. I will keep saying it until you feel better. I have been in your shoes and I feel for you. Post whenever you need to. Good luck.

Andyroo
23-12-09, 23:09
yeah im very anxious and i guess there are good reasons for it ive been in pain for so long i ugess pain plays a big part in anxiety... i guess if other people were in as much pain as i have been they would probably have health anxiety to... tho i have been to the doctor many times about it.. and i was told over and over again its acid reflux ...today i was worried it was somthing more serious like lung cancer.. but it burns today when i swallow food so as weird as it sounds im kinda releaved that its most likely my acid reflux playing up again... tho i still always have doubts.. i know if i go to the doctor they will suggest surgery again and im not up for that... anyways i really hope this is just my acid reflx and not lung cancer... im so worried cancer is my biggest fear ever since i lost my uncle to it...:lac: