PDA

View Full Version : Acne

manx_kitty
21-12-09, 12:21
I think thats how you spell it :huh:

Anyway, since my anxiety came back i have got lots of spots everywhere and my skin is really oily, does anyone else suffer from this..........im 25 and i thought i had grown out of getting spots :weep:

eva82
29-12-09, 06:57
Hi! I'm 27 and will sometimes still breakout when I am stressed or dealing with my health anxiety. It sucks! I too thought I was too old to be still getting acne!!!:mad: My sister is 29 and still has the same problem too. I noticed that when I use a special foaming face wash (made by Christian Dior) every night, my skin gets much better. It's pricey, but worth it!

nanny
29-12-09, 08:51
Hi There

If your acne is realy bad you can go off to doc and they can give you a VERY mild antibiotic that will keep it at bay, My eldest son used to suffer with bad spots (not quite acne) and he was on these for a long time, they kept his spots down and gave him back his confidence.:)

i love tea
14-01-10, 09:24
roygbiv - you would know if you had acne! Lots of very sore, painful spots. I get them and they are more like cysts - not little pimples!

How clean or dirty you are makes no difference - people who have acne are no more dirty than people who don't. In my case it's related to hormones. I never had acne when I was a teenager - I'm 31 now and it's quite bad....

crissy
14-01-10, 10:22
hello manx kitty, have you tried camomile lotion to dry them up, don't really know but i always dab on daughters spots try a little at a time.
my sister and family come from ramsey and maughold, are you near them my niece has crystal shop on the docksxxxxxxx

manx_kitty
14-01-10, 16:35
Thanks for all the advice, Crissy, i live in Douglas, Ramsey and Maughold are about 20 minutes away from here :) .Do you know what your nieces crystal shop is called because there are quite a few on the island.

crissy
14-01-10, 21:20
i will find out manx kitty, i spent most of my school holidays over there, it's a different life over there. I still come over to see my sister when i canxxxx

peach
14-01-10, 22:04
hello!

im sorry to say, but im 35, and yes, i STILL get acne from time to time...as to my friends...

i always get one pimple a week before my period and one a week after its finished, so thats 2 a month!!!!

and yes, stress does make it worse...

the good news i hear is chocolate doesnt cause acne .....?!

and i would love to get the name of that dior cleanser if possible?
ive been keen to get refered to a good cleanser...

thanks