PDA

View Full Version : Job interview - how do i control my nerves?

rabbit25
22-11-05, 12:29
I have got a job interview in two days and I really need some advice. I know how to prepare for it, but I easily let nerves get the better of me.

Even got a cd rom about job interview skills but that still won't cure how I'll feel on the day.

How do i look and feel confident when I'm not? How do I stop the nerves?

PLEASE HELP ME AS I REALLY NEED THIS JOB at the mo as I've got no income.

The job is working in a card and gift shop.

I'm too honest and find it difficult to sell myself.

rhowes2000
22-11-05, 12:37
Hi, i've had quite a few job interviews and I find that if you really focus on them you forget about anxiety. To help with the actual interview I recommend a book called "Perfect Interview" no exaggeration since I found it I have got every job I have gone for, it's brilliant.

Meg
22-11-05, 13:31
Rescue remedy

Eating properly

Researching what it is you may be asked

Be enthusiastic

Good luck

What would be in your 'Anxiety Toolbox'? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3938)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

3faces
22-11-05, 14:39
I recently had an interview (got the job:D) and someone on this forum told me to imagine the interviewers naked!! They seem less scary without their clothes. It certainly helped me, go on, give it a try!!!!

Good Luck!

Jem xxx

dave316
16-11-06, 22:38
I wonder what we would achieve if we imagined us NMP guys naked! pmsl

Dave, UK

LickeyEndBlues
16-11-06, 23:58
I'm trying not to think about that Dave!!

It is about being prepared and remembering that the interviewer is possible just as nervous.

Iain

Laissez les bon temp roulez