PDA

View Full Version : Shock and fear

ashero38
21-12-09, 15:52
Hi everyone i had the test results from my ct scan on my heart that i had done on the 17th november they have told me that i have slight furying and that they want to do a dye test to make sure that enough blood is getting to my heart i am now extreamly scared that im going to have a heart attack and die very soon i cant stop thinking about it and xmas is going to be ruined by this i dont know what to think or how to react. My mother says if it was really that bad they would have me in hospital right away if they thought it was dangerous she says there doing it to reasure me that everything is all right and the doctor did say that most people who smoked would have some furring please reply back as i need some reassurance i fell really low now.:weep:

KK77
21-12-09, 16:29
I think your mum's right in that if it was something very serious they'd have you in hospital. I smoke too and furring of the arteries is apparently common after the age of 30/35. I don't think it's anything very serious and it definitely doesn't automatically mean you'll have a heart attack.

They are probably carrying out the further tests just to be on the safe side - along with putting your mind at rest.

SleeplessFog
21-12-09, 16:35
Hello,

I agree with your mom, if it was serious they would have admitted you right away.

Zsofi
21-12-09, 16:53
Hi ashero,

Once the ambulance took me to the hospital with my heart (extremely fast pulsing) and the doc had no clue what caused it and was a bit concerned and wanted to keep me in the hospital for three days...
I said "no way, I am not staying, want to go home right now" and that's what I actually did.
Well, it happened almost a year ago and I'm still around :winks:, I went to a cardiologist later and checked it, everything was fine.

I just wanted to tell you the story to see if the docs have no idea what's going on or they think it can be something serious, they try to keep you in!
Don't worry, your heart is just fine, you just need to take a few more tests, that's it.

Take care,

Zsofi :hugs: