PDA

View Full Version : Had mri today

anx mum
21-12-09, 17:12
Had my mri today on my head just waiting on results now never have i felt so nervous in my life. I just prey everythings ok:weep:.

Jimpy
21-12-09, 17:18
Apart from the nerves how did it go? Did it last long? Sorry for the questions but I might be sent for one in the new year and havr no idea what it is like? All my best wishes for good results that will make you feel better! Also well done it cant have been an easy day for you at all,

jim

anx mum
21-12-09, 17:28
Hi hun had one before so knew what 2 expect wasent pleasant cos was of my head and was a confined space. Just want result now.

Jimpy
21-12-09, 18:03
I can imagine I hope the results arrive as soon as for you. I am reading througj the MRI section in the forum and it sounds like alot of dont like the confined space part! I hope you can destract yourself to take the edge off the wait. My dad had to wait for his MRI results last year and he always walked in the evening then once he was back home he watched DVDs to take his mind off the wait, luckily he did not have to wait that long and the results came back ok. Best wishes for christmas and hope you get good news so you can have a positive start to the new year :)

jim

gypsywomen
21-12-09, 18:05
how long do you have to wait now love

anx mum
21-12-09, 18:38
dont know got cd with scan pics on but dont know whats normal etc really not coping

shaz01
26-12-09, 10:53
Hey anx mum, I hope everyhting goes fine with the results, Im sure they will be, I had my ct scan almost two weeks ago now and heard nothing, its stressing waiting on results :-( x x

june
26-12-09, 11:09
This is a copy of a post i made in february
End of February I was told I must have this done and they offered me sedation (for me not a good idea)
:hugs:I realy do understand your fear:hugs:
I was supposed to have MRI in January 09 but i freaked - had to go back in march - From january my PAs were really bad every day.
SO I phoned the MRI unit and asked to speak to someone who could explain what happened during the scan.

I got this wonderful person who told in detail that
the noise was very loud (earplugs supplied) like when a washing machine is on its final spin:blush: about 1 minute then quiet - sections can be as long as 3/4 mins BUT BEARABLE
They do separate scans for different parts of the head.
There is a short silent gap (few seconds) between scans.
in each gap they asked if i was ok - did i want to carry on?
25 minutes it took.
if you need to push the button to get you out - TRY to wait for the 'quiet' bit then they won't have to do that bit again.
I had my scan done and was walking on air i was so happy.
The nurses were expecting me because i had phoned and said how bad my panic is and they were VERY understanding.
I hope this is of some help
Best wishes
June
PS I had to wait 3 weeks for the result - all clear:yesyes::yesyes:
Just seen good news for anx mum http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=66659
Got her results already. that is good to hear. June

anx mum
26-12-09, 13:16
Thanku june so glad results come bk all normal really thought something would b found. The mri was horrible felt v anxious and panicky was so glad when it was over. When ur result come bk normal did u feel relived?

june
26-12-09, 13:52
:hugs:yes i felt very relieved - another tick in a box to say "well that bit of me is OK":hugs:
Best wishes
june
:hugs:

Jill-Louise
12-01-10, 08:30
Has anyone heard of the open scanner ? I can't have an MRI in the tunnel, i get panic attacks and have claustrophobia. The open scanner is like a burger and you are in the middle of it....the top part is still quite close but as it is open all around you, you can move your head and look out. I highly recommend it...ask to see if there is one in your area. I'm lucky enough to have one at the Nuffield Orthopaedic in Oxford..but if you don't ask then you don't get....best of luck to anyone who needs to have an MRI !:)

Jenny
13-01-10, 20:37
Apart from the nerves how did it go? Did it last long? Sorry for the questions but I might be sent for one in the new year and havr no idea what it is like? All my best wishes for good results that will make you feel better! Also well done it cant have been an easy day for you at all,

jim I took a relaxing CD with me when I had mine done. The nurse also gives you a panic button if you are feeling stressed.

Jenny xx