PDA

View Full Version : calcium crystals and dizziness at night!!!

Girl_Interrupted
21-12-09, 19:05
This is a weird one for me, on friday and sunday night I woke during the night feeling dizzy!! it didnt last long, and went back to sleep. In the morning I felt fine. However of course this freaked me out and today I had a trip to the doctor, who told me it was to do with calcium crystals! Which I've never heard of. He said that it is harmless and will go. I dont get it during the day. He also said it could be to do with the position i am sleeping in.

I am curious if anyone else has suffered from this, as i dont know much about it.

Thanks

thebuzzer
21-12-09, 20:35
My mum has this at the moment, her doctor mentioned calcium crystals and said it could also be Labrynthitis. That is caused by a virus and wears itself out. Rest is important apparently. but it is nothing to worry about. Hope this helps!

Girl_Interrupted
21-12-09, 20:55
Hi there, thanks for the comment. I havent had a cold/virus lately. The medication i'm on, one of the side effects is dizziness, however I have been taking this for 5 weeks now so I would of thought that any side effects would have passed by now. My doctor did mention Positional Vertigo, as well as the calcium crystals. Im just having a panic thats all!! :(

SleeplessFog
21-12-09, 21:23
I had this same thing in October. I was diagnosed with Bilateral Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV). Its when the crystal/ear rocks get loose. It is harmless and it went away fully in about 1-2 weeks, but I was feeling pretty close to normal within a few days.

I learned it doesn't always come from having a cold or flu, it can be triggered by stress too, because I was not sick before it happened.

Girl_Interrupted
22-12-09, 00:15
Hi there thanks for your response. I feel better that I'm not alone in having this, just scares the crap out of me. Worried about going to bed! But I'm so tired! : (